If the Profile Fits
- Innovators have lower maintenance costs, freeing up capital for digital engagement projects.
- They feel the pangs of system integration — they’re on the front lines of wanting platforms to talk to each other.
- They’re more focused on customer engagement and loyalty than the average restaurant.
- Innovators are aggressively pursuing mobile payments.
- They have executive leaders in place, in particular a CIO, and are looking at analytics expertise next.
Verdesca was brought into the FOCUS operation to help create system unification across a diverse platform of brands and technologies. His roadmap aligns exceptionally well to these Restaurant Innovator attributes. He’s bullish on open APIs because integration is a must-have going forward. Mobile is already table stakes, and a mobile wallet application will be critical to removing friction from transactions going forward. He’s working with a team of data scientists and consumer insight specialists to make sense of the new data created by these digital solutions.
The study is data-rich and will give you a benchmark to measure against. If you want to know how those measured qualities play out in the hands of an accomplished IT leader, check out this month’s cover story. It’s a profile that fits.