Breaking News: HITEC's Can't-Miss Technologies
In the world of hotel technology tradeshows, Hospitality Financial and Technology Professional's (HFTP) annual Hotel Industry Technology Exposition and Conference (HITEC) is a behemoth. With more than 300 vendors occupying 130,000 square feet, attendees can find a variety of technology solutions providers to fit their needs, from guestroom TV content providers to locking to mobile technologies. Hospitality Technology’s staff is in Austin, Texas this week to bring you the latest technology announcements as they are being released at the show.
News from Thursday, June 23
News from Thursday, June 23
- PAR Springer-Miller Names TripCraft Mobile Development Partner: The partnership will leverage TripCraft's expertise in mobile application development to quickly deliver mobile capabilities for the ATRIO Guest Experience Management platform, SMS|Host Hospitality Management System, and SpaSoft Spa and Activity Management System.
- Square [ i ] International, Intelity form Global Strategic Alliance: Intelity will expand Square's IPTV offering by providing interactive room service, spa bookings, direct housekeeping and maintenance requests, live connection to concierge, and more.
- Onity Announces New OnPoin Encoder: The OnPoint encoder offers TCP/IP connectivity and includes 'hot-swappable' encoding decks, allowing hotels to upgrade card technologies without replacing the entire front desk system.
- Nomadix Announces Security, Speed & Flexibility Enhancements to NSE Software: NSE 7.3 software enhancements include: domain name system security extensions, destination HTTP redirect, real time processes, home page redirect for HTTPS websites and volume-based RADIUS re-authentication.
- Panasonic Announces New LRU30 Series of High-Performance LCD HDTVS: Successors to the company’s hospitality market-dominant LRU20 Series, the new TH-42LRU30, TH-37LRU30 and TH-32LRU30 feature exceptional image quality, low maintenance and manageability that will appeal to guests, system integrators and IT staff, as well as the CFO.
- LodgeNet Showcases Expansion of Envision Apps: The expanded apps include the LodgeNet PowerPortal and the introduction of Internet streaming apps, which allow guests to access Web-based content on the coaxbased HDTV system in their guest room without the expense or complexity of an IPTV system.
- ResortSuite Launches ResortSuite Mobile: The solution enables a guest to view all the details about the hotel, their own itinerary and their group’s events.
- Omni Hotels & Resorts Manhattan Property Completes Wireless Upgrade: Using BelAir Networks' 802.11N indoor wireless mesh product (BelAir20), AFL installed 71 access points providing uniform coverage across 396 rooms and suites with higher speeds and throughput.
- 900 iPods Provide Sheraton Waikiki Event Attendees with Schedules, Maps & More: The Sheraton Waikiki in Honolulu was able to deliver real-time information to attendees and event organizers, thereby greatly enhancing the overall convention experience.
- Pegasus Launches ContentHub: Solution simplifies content management for hotels by combining image and text updates to alternative and global distribution systems.
- MConcierge Introduces GRM Platform: Guest Relationship Management profiling engine leverages social media engagement, connects hotel profiles with guest social media profiles (via opt-in and open graph information) and builds loyalty through a social rewards program.
- Runtriz Makes Sure No Guest Requests are 'Lost in Translation': Runtriz launches a global communication platform and content management system that offer dynamic, multi-language capabilities for hotel staff and guests.
- Ovation Networks Intros Energy-Saving EcoManaged Service: Ovation’s EcoManaged Energy Management System uses centralized intelligence with a Wi-Fi enabled, carbon dioxide occupancy and comfort sensing thermostat to control HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) in hotel rooms.
- LG Evolves In-Room TV With New Applications, IPTV Decoding: Designed to personalize guest experiences, next-generation Pro:Centric technology enables new ways for hotels to communicate with guests
- Hughes Unveils Digital Concierge Service: Fully managed by Hughes, the Digital Concierge service enables guests to access real-time hotel and local information such as dining, entertainment, transportation, weather, cultural events, special offers, and brand loyalty information 24/7 from interactive touch-screen kiosks.
- Sino Group of Hotels Selects Micros Opera Customer Information System: The Fullerton Hotel Singapore and The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore will use OCIS for its guest recognition and reward program.
- Larkspur Hotel Chain Expands Relationship with SoftBrands: SoftBrands’ HMS solutions will provide Larkspur with the framework to create dynamic “guest experience” packages, enabling guests to personalize their own hotel stay experiences.
- Libra OnDemand Introduces Full-Service Hospitality Marketing Solution: A new end-to-end service complements the company’s core CRM, e-mail marketing and group sales modules.
- Onity Announces New HT RFID Locking Solution: HT RFID lock offers several benefits including: stand-alone installation capability, the option to offer multiple credentials such as wristbands and key chains, and a simple plug and play upgrade function.
- RateTiger Launches RTConnect Version 3.5: New version of the premium XML gateway now allows the exchange of content, shopping, strategy, availability, rates, restrictions, guest reviews and bookings data.
- Pegasus Adds Internet Booking Engine to Suite of Hotel Res Solutions: The RezView Internet Booking Engine, built on Pegasus' RezView NG next generation enterprise delivery platform, offers small- and medium-sized hotel companies powerful and highly customizable brand sites.
- Janus Displays Features Three New Digital Signage Products: HITEC conference attendees will get the first look at the latest digital signage products offered by Janus Displays, including motion-triggered signage, enhancements to the Janus Portable Concierge Board, and ambient frame lighting.
News from Tuesday, June 21
- Agilysys: A Mobile Solution for F&B Service: Agilysys’ InfoGenesis Roam Mobile Software allows hotel employees, armed with iPod touches, to move though out a property to offer guests food and beverage service. The solutions, which is already in use at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, has shaved five to ten minutes off of guest wait time.
- RateGain Launches Online Reputation Mgmt Solution: Guest satisfaction and online reputation management solution extracts, scans, analyzes and scores comments and reviews on social networks, consumer review sites, blogs and more to provide a complete understanding of customer perceptions.
- EZYield Unveils Fuzion Hospitality Suite: The Fuzion suite is a series of web-based solutions, including integrated hotel reservation delivery capabilities, a proprietary web booking engine and channel management technology.
- LodgeNet Grows Portfolio of In-Building Cellular Solutions: LodgeNet adds the MobileAccessVE in-building wireless solution to its portfolio of technologies; it takes advantage of existing Cat5e/6 LAN cabling for cellular signal distribution, while maintaining full Ethernet and wireless LAN capabilities.
- OpenWays Showcases Green Check-In Solution: An automated self-service check-in solution, which brings together Ariane System's Allegro check-in system and Saflok's RT next-generation RFID locking system, made its U.S debut at HITEC this year. The Mobile Key solution is currently in use at Comfort Hotels at Nordic Choice Hotels.
- LeisureLink Unveils Rev Mgmt & Distribution Technology: Designed for independent hotels, resorts and vacation rentals, the Marketspan solution unifies LeisureLink's products in a cloud-based platform to deliver real-time market data and comprehensive online distribution.
- DIRECTV Introduces ‘Residential Experience’ for Hotels: New television content solution features more than 100 HD channels, an enhanced interactive program guide, the full residential programming lineup, and an anti-microbial remote designed specifically for the lodging industry.
News from Monday, June 20
- Austin, TX Hotels Install Cloud-Connected iHDTV Platform: Interactive HDTV platform from Lodgenet enables guests staying at the Four Seasons Hotel Austin and the Hilton Austin to access information about area restaurants, shopping, bars and clubs with the click of a remote.
- Swisscom, Planet One Group Strike Managed Services Deal: The partnership yields a complementary voice, video and data service offering across the Asia-Pacific region while enabling Swisscom to serve its hotel partners globally with IT managed services.
- PAR, Newmarket Define Collaboration with ATRIO Platform Partner Exchange: The ATRIO Platform Partner Exchange expands the existing relationship of the two companies to include closer collaboration from business concept to product development, integration, deployment and customer support.
- Runtiz Brings 'Right Vibe' to Guests via Prescriptive Music Partnership: Runtriz teams with the sensory branding music company to deliver a customized hotel music application that is said to build customer loyalty and brand differentiation.
- Bittel: A Phone that Fits Tight Spaces: In addition to its small footprint, UNO Mini phones provide up to six programmable guest service keys, standard speakerphone, printable faceplate, and compatibility with all popular hospitality PBXs
- GoConcierge iPad App Frees Hotel Concierges from their Desks: GoConcierge application enables hotel concierges to viewed and edit guest activities and other information from anywhere and in real-time.
- SuiteLinq Launches Windows Phone 7 Application: Featuring interactive hotel information, room service ordering, property way-finding, human or data-triggered alerts and more, the mobile product aims to help hoteliers connect to and engage guests.
- Workforce-Velocity Demos Labor Mgmt Solutions: Workforce management solutions provider showcases solutions that streamline hospitality operations, provide lean overhead models, and increase the service ability of large workforces in front- and back-of-house operations.
- Inncom Interface Yields Self-Serve Guestroom Control via iPad: An integration with Intelity now allows guests the ability to control room temperature, lighting, drapes and the alarm clock directly from their iPad tablet computers.
- Bartech Showcases Profit-Generating Minibar Technologies: Automatic minibar solutions to showcase a selection of customizable products that are designed to maximize revenue and save hoteliers time and money through increased efficiency.
- Roomlinx Launches iTV Platform 3.0: Platform 3.0 further enhances the existing Roomlinx iTV feature set through the addition of a "Click & Go" interactive TV program guide and more.
Keep checking back throughout the week as HT continues to update its running list of HITEC technology releases.