HITEC 2017 NEWS: RMS to Debut Guest Portal, Housekeeping Portal
In addition, a “Housekeeping Portal” for RMS – The Hospitality Cloud will be revealed that enables housekeeping managers to monitor room tasks and update room clean status from their smartphones and tablets. Housekeepers can log into their mobile devices remotely to see which tasks they have been assigned each day. Once tasks are complete and rooms are inspected, integration with the RMS property-management system will alert the front desk that they can assign the room to the next guest.
The new Guest Portal and Housekeeping Portal will be on display in Booth #117 at HITEC, June 27 to 29 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Each Guest Portal can be customized to a hotel’s specific branding requirements. Via the portal, guests can:
- Create reservations
- Cancel reservations
- Check in
- Make PCI-compliant credit-card payments
- Print or email folio statements
- Contact the property
- See past / current / future reservations
- Check out and pay the bill
- View and update their profile
Streamlining Room Inspections
The RMS Housekeeping Portal is a fast and efficient way to dramatically improve the efficiency of cleaning staff while meeting owner and brand standards.
The Housekeeping Portal will enable staff and management to:
- Assign rooms and specific tasks to cleaners
- View the list of rooms to be cleaned and the tasks that need performed
- Mark a room complete and request inspection
- Verify that tasks were completed properly before rooms are released
- Return rooms to cleaners that did not pass verification
- Receive changes to linen requirements
- Change room status, such as “occupied dirty” to “vacant clean”
- See who cleaned which rooms and how long it took each cleaner to manage efficiency
Soon, the Housekeeping Portal will facilitate real-time messaging between housekeepers and the front desk and send live notifications to guests when their rooms are ready.
For details on the Guest Portal and Housekeeping Portal, visit RMS in Booth #117 at HITEC. For details on RMS – The Hospitality Cloud, visit www.rmsnorthamerica.com.