Will the TV Remote Become Obsolete?
Acentic, a supplier of broadband systems and digital interactive TV (iTV) for the hotel industry, announces the integration of its high-speed Internet and iTV services platform with Apple iOS and Android Operating System. This innovation will enable hoteliers to control hotel operational functions and allow their guests to check hotel offerings and features via their mobile devices. This new App integration will also give hoteliers the option of a branded tool for increased loyalty and revenue generation.
With this integration, hotel guests can download the hotel's branded App from the Apple App Store or Android Market, which will enable them to check the hotel offering of movies or other services through their own devices. Guests can also use their devices for complete remote control of the TV, operating all TV functions through the graphic of a standard remote control on their device screen. Once downloaded, the App can be used on future visits to the hotel, as well as in other hotels using the Acentic platform.
Upcoming system functionalities and benefits for hoteliers include:
- Control of everyday hotel management processes through mobile devices, such as minibar, room status, maintenance and more.
- Advertising options of the movies that are currently available to guests via the App. Guests can check movie listings from anywhere in the hotel and purchase them back at their room.
- Seamless integration with the Acentic Media advanced advertising platform for use as a cross promotional and advertising portal.
- Branding ability of the App with the hotel's own look and feel to build recognition and loyalty among guests.
Upcoming system functionalities and benefits for guests include:
- Use of their own mobile devices as a remote control to operate TV functions in the guest rooms.
- Information about the hotel movie offering from anywhere in the hotel.
- Repeated usage option of the downloaded App in the same and further hotels with an Acentic system on future visits.