VeriFone's PAYware SIM Version 2.0.1 Now Offering PA-DSS Acceptance, New Functionalities
VeriFone Holdings is proud to release version 2.0.1 of PAYware SIM, a single point-of-interface that allows developers to simply and securely integrate Windows-based POS systems with VeriFone's complete portfolio of payment engines and PIN pads.
PAYware SIM 2.0.1 offers the following enhancements:
- PA-DSS Acceptance: VeriFone has received a letter from the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI-SSC) validating PAYware SIM against the latest PA-DSS (Payment Application - Data Security Standard) requirements: PA-DASS v1.2.
- Full Vx 810 Duet support: Adding to the wide range of VeriFone devices already supported, PAYware SIM now fully supports the Vx 810 DUET: the payment industry's most advanced dual-user compact countertop solution.
- Mx IP/SSL support: In addition to existing support for TCP/IP communication, PAYware SIM now includes the ability to communicate with Mx devices via SSL.
- Payment Devices Supported: MX 800 Series, Vx 810, Vx 810 DUET, PINpad 1000SE, and USB card readers
- Transaction Types Supported: Credit, debit, check, etc... all transaction types supported by PAYware Transact, PAYware PC, IPCharge, and PCCharge
- Payment Devices Supported: All authorization networks supported by PAYware Transact, PAYware PC, IPCharge, and PCCharge
This secure developer tool greatly reduces the complexity and associated costs of achieving PCI requirements. PAYware SIM drives the payment devices, securely collecting both sensitive and non-sensitive transaction data. It passes only the payment command to the POS. By shielding POS applications from transmitting or storing sensitive data, PAYware SIM lessens the burden of PA-DSS certification.