Dr. Bryan K. Williams, a noted authority on service excellence and leadership effectiveness, took the stage Monday afternoon at MURTEC Executive Summit, in Charleston, delivering an inspiring keynote, “The New Leadership Essentials: Building & Sustaining Superstar Teams.”
Williams’s high-energy, interactive presentation focused on how leaders can challenge themselves and their employees to “work like you own it.”
- The importance of challenging each member of your team to leave evidence of their personal positive impact — for example, a satisfied customer.
- How truly engaging each customer can set your restaurant apart from those that simply transact business.
- The benefits of focusing on your most valuable employees — those who are living your mission — to build a team of “A” players who inspire one another each day.
- Why keeping your standards unreasonably high is good for every employee.
- How to identify “accidental diminishes” — team members whose behavior unintentionally holds others back.
- Why leaders must not simply manage but truly lead — by rallying a team toward a shared goal.
Attendees left this dynamic session — and headed to our opening reception! — with a set of actionable takeaways to bring back to their organizations post-conference.