Little Caesars Rolls Out Mobile Pickup Station, Mobile App Nationwide
Pizza chain Little Caesars has completed the installation of its proprietary Pizza Portal pickup in nearly all of its U.S. stores. Pizza Portal is a heated, self-service mobile order pickup station.
The company has combined the convenience of mobile ordering and pre-payment with heated self-service pickup to create an entirely new experience for customers.
"We are constantly striving to enhance the guest experience for all customers no matter how they choose to access Little Caesars," said David Scrivano, President and CEO. "We remain deeply committed to our core pillars of value, convenience, and quality, and are continually researching to understand what customers want, both now and in the future. We're using our Pizza Portal pickup and mobile app to expand our offerings, as well as evolve our business model in an increasingly diverse and digital marketplace."
Customers can choose their favorite menu item or create their own pizza via the "custom pizza builder" on the Little Caesars mobile app, where they also pre-pay. The app will notify customers when the order is ready. When customers arrive at the store, their order is ready for them to pick up. They bypass the counter and go directly to the Pizza Portal pickup and input a 3-digit pin or scan a QR code. Then, the door on the secured compartment opens, and they take their order.
The Little Caesars mobile app now have Touch ID/FINGERPRINT and Face ID login functionality.
Other app features include:
- Mobile payment, including Apple Pay for iOS users.
- Store locator that automatically detects the closest store and allows search.
- "Custom pizza builder": an interactive drag-and-drop experience. Users make their pizza by choosing from any available crust, then dragging and dropping their choice of toppings on to the pizza. Toppings can be place on the entire pizza, or half.
- Order scheduling: Orders can be placed up to six days in advance.
- User-friendly, clean interface and minimal clicks per transaction.
- Save favorites for quick ordering later.
The Pizza Portal pickup's proprietary technology was co-developed with Apex Supply Chain Technologies, a provider of automated dispensing system.