HTNG Releases 2008B Property Web Services Specifications
Hotel Technology Next Generation (HTNG) is pleased to announce that the 2008B release of the HTNG Property Web Services specifications have now been released. All but one of the seven specifications are also available for certification by product vendors. This 2008B specifications include:
- Version 2.1.1 of the Web Services Framework (SOAP transport layer specification)
- Version 2.2 of the Single Guest Itinerary specification. This contains some updates to the specification for sharing guest itinerary information and transactions across PMS, CRM, POS, and activity systems (golf, concierge, dining reservations, spa, etc.)
- Version 1.0 of the Digital Signage specification, which connects sales/catering systems to digital signage systems.
- Version 1.4.1 of the Open Data eXchange (ODX) specification, which enables web-service transport of flat-file data between any two systems that have implemented the Web Services Framework.
- Version 1.4 of the Back Office Integration specification. This specification is not available for certification and currently undergoing significant revisions. Please check the collaboration site for up-to-date information.
- Version 1.0.1 of the Guest Self Service specification, which enables a self-service device to implement food and beverage ordering through an interface with a point-of-sale system.
The full specifications can be found at http://www.opengroup.org/htng/specs/documents.tpl?CALLER=index.tpl&dcat=25.
Vendors interested in certifying to this specification can get information at www.opengroup.org/htng/cert.
The next specification cycle, 2009A, is planned for release in late April 2009. Both the Property Web Services and Property/Distribution Solution specifications are expected to be updated at that time.