Amid Global Growth, Hilton Debuts Online Service Toolkit to Educate Team Members
"We believe that every Hilton team member has the ability to make a tremendous impact on a guest's stay and to deliver a consistent and inspired experience 24/7," says Jeff Diskin, SVP, brand management, Hilton Hotels & Resorts. "An immersive orientation and refresher tools make all the difference in ensuring the satisfaction and loyalty of both our guests and our team members; the addition of the Brand Service Toolkit will help ensure Hilton hospitality is a global experience."
Presented by hotel department, the toolkit will provide the following:
1) Brand Standards & Brand Service Standards -- standards are broken out by department making it easy for team members to find the information that is most relevant to their job function. Included in these standards are Hilton's global 12 universal service standards, which define the company's delivery of hospitality, along with global department-specific service standards.
2) Departmental Training Check-List -- a self-audit checklist designed to help new and existing employees better understand the expectations for their role.
3) Suggested Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) -- The Suggested SOP take into consideration cultural nuances, physical differences of properties and employees' personal preferences while making recommendations about possible efficient solutions, such as housekeeping techniques for making a bed.
4) Great Ideas -- This section showcases easy-to-digest solutions to real on-property situations and challenges. Hilton hotels around the world are encouraged to submit best practices and participate in idea sharing.
5) E-Learning -- To ensure team members possess the tools they need to perform at their best, Brand Service Standards E-Learning Courses will be available as part of the toolkit or through Hilton's e-learning experience, Hilton University.
6) Bite-Sized Training -- Bite-Sized Training modules are short (10-20 minute) presentations that managers can deliver to their team members in a formal or informal meeting.
"Hilton is delivering a comprehensive training solution with this new Brand Service Toolkit it," said Mark Keidaish, director of Hilton Brand Education. "The tool is unique in its depth and plays an important part in reminding each and every team member of how their role matters to our guests and to our brand as a whole."