React Mobile, creator of a BLE panic button and hospitality safety technology provider, announced the release of its latest product, the BLE 5.0 Beacon. The device is a discreet, easy to conceal tool that connects to React Mobile’s safety platform to deliver precise room-level location accuracy indoors in multi-story buildings. Whether answering to a medical emergency, injury, or staff harassment, hotels are finally able to deploy resources to the exact coordinates of their employee, within seconds of an alert.
This latest innovation from React Mobile provides incredibly precise location information even within a high-rise building. When an employee safety device (ESD) is activated, the device identifies the closest BLE beacon. It then reports the precise room number, in real-time, along with GPS coordinates, to React Mobile’s safety platform. The platform itself is robust and flexible, offering each hotel a tailored solution to suit their unique needs.
The innovative device consists of a small slim form factor, running on internal firmware. It is capable of long life expectations that far exceed standard Bluetooth beacon devices and contains a single button, capable of meeting a variety of customized needs. The beacon also consists of an ABS housing and PCBA mounted into an internal structure, which allows for the use of an accelerometer, should it be necessary to determine orientation along the XYZ cartesian plane.
Core features include:
- Nordic NRF semiconductor-based microchip with extensive flash memory
- 5 LEDs that can be programmed to perform several different functions
- Field upgradeable with OAD/OTA firmware updates
- Capable of advertising at -0dbM, a range of 100-150 feet
- Readily sourced and procurable
- Dimensions: 1.97” x 0.39”
- IP53 standard, and resistant to water and dust intrusion
- Hassle-free install, with preinstalled 3m adhesive backing
- Unused features are extendable (LEDs, button, accelerometer, flash memory)
- Battery power by multiple CR 2032 cells, providing an extensive battery life of 3 years.