Rancho La Puerta iPhone App Targets 'On-the-go' Spa Guests
Rancho La Puerta, a world-renowned fitness resort and spa in Baja California, has teamed up with MacroView Labs to develop a custom iPhone app that acts as a resort guide, social media hub, and fitness companion. The free app gives users a taste of the Rancho La Puerta experience right from their mobile phone, allowing them to view instructional fitness videos, recipes, photos, news, updates, social networking and more.
“The Rancho La Puerta app is an entertaining and simple way to engage our audience, encourage past guests to maintain their year-round fitness, and plan their next visit,” says Rancho La Puerta’s director of communications, Peter Jensen. “It is much more than just another hotel or resort app; in a way, it’s like having a Ranch fitness instructor at your beck and call.” An Android version of the application will be launched within a few months.
- Activities and Entertainment Directory: Guests can access the Ranch’s schedule of speakers, presenters, classes, hikes, movies, games and more during any week.
- Fitness Videos, Pictures and Descriptions: Guests can stay fit while away from the Ranch with exercise, healing and meditation videos taught by the Ranch’s expert and entertaining instructors.
- People Directory: Guests can contact reservations, housekeeping or anyone else at the Ranch instantly.
- Food Directory: Guests can browse through recipes, preview Rancho La Puerta’s cooking classes, watch videos from the Ranch’s nutritionist, or check out the latest images from Tres Estrellas, Rancho La Puerta’s 5-acre organic garden.
- Travel Info: Guests can read up on everything from travel itinerary FAQ’s to making the most of their stays.
- My Rancho La Puerta: Guests can bookmark a recipe, photo gallery, map or anything else for later viewing in a custom favorites folder.
- Real Time Weather Updates: Guests can keep an eye on the sky with constant weather updates.
- Private Content: Groups can create private, passcode-protected content.
- Be Heard: Guests can take a feedback survey or rate content within the app.
- Interactive Maps: Never get lost with an illustrated Ranch map and a satellite GPS map. The illustrated map highlights key locations around Rancho La Puerta, such as accommodations, trails, pools, and gyms. The GPS map allows users to find their exact location or get directions to the Ranch.
- Memories: Guests can read about the history of the Ranch, or reconnect with old friends through live Twitter & Facebook pages.