OTA Insight Launches New Capability to Uncover Hotel Pricing Strategies Behind Holiday Packages
OTA Insight, a cloud-based data intelligence platform for the hospitality industry, announced the launch of its Packages Module, a new tool for hoteliers to easily compare their package pricing against their competitors. A new add-on to the its rate intelligence solution, Rate Insight, the Packages Module is able to uncover the discounting practices that are hidden within competitor hotels’ holiday packages, providing insights for more competitive pricing strategies across these offerings.
According to OTA Insight, this tool is a must-have for revenue managers with a large dependence on the leisure segment. Many hotels and resorts, particularly across Central America and the Caribbean, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific, sell a large proportion of their rooms as part of all-inclusive packages, with many of these holidays being sold through the likes of Expedia. For a proper insight into competitors’ pricing strategies, these resorts need a meaningful view on how competitor packages are broken down so they can react accordingly. This is the first tool to offer that.
Designed to ensure hoteliers are able to maximize revenue opportunities when pricing package rates, the new module will feature:
- Report-based updates for tracking and monitoring your package offerings against those of your competitors
- Pricing breakdowns of room-only and package rates, so you can easily identify competitors’ discount strategies
- Intelligent Package Discount Benchmark, so you can plot your success over time and fine-tune your strategy
OTA Insight’s representatives will be happy to showcase the Packages Module, along with other tools in the company’s suite of products, at numerous events throughout October, including:
- Cancún Travel Mart in Cancún, Mexico on 14th October
- Hotel Revenue Distribution Summit in Singapore on 15th October
- ExpoCOTELCO in Cartagena, Colombia on 16th October
- ITB Asia in Singapore on 16th October
- EyeforTravel North America in Las Vegas, USA on 18th October