Omnichannel food tech platform C3 and Saudi Arabia-based WK Holding, are teaming up to open a food hall with full-service and fast casual restaurants and ghost kitchen in Riyadh.
C3 Arabia represents a major international venture for C3 (Creating Culinary Communities), which manages and operates award-winning full-service restaurants, culinary centers, ghost kitchens and mobile delivery.
Riyadh Food Hall
Layla Abuzaid, Founder and CEO WK Holding, said, "... C3's expansion throughout Saudi Arabia will democratize haute cuisine by owning the food tech space in the region and, we will assemble a best-in-class hospitality hub in the Kingdom for the region, for the world. We will unlock local talents, celebrate our vibrant culinary culture, and export globally."
C3 and WK Holding will assemble an operating team based in Riyadh to design and deliver best-in-class execution across the C3 Saudi Arabia operating platform, including sourcing the highest quality produce from local suppliers. And as part of its influence on cultural globalization, C3's efforts in Saudi Arabia will identify, mentor, and incubate local culinary talent in a move that will brand and export Saudi hospitality culture to the world.
C3's expansion into Saudi Arabia is set to introduce 40 international brands to the region, including:
- Umami Burger: topping America's best burger lists since 2009.
- Sam's Crispy Chicken: a fast-casual dining concept offering Southern-fried chicken specialities 100% antibiotic and hormone-free.
- Krispy Rice: conceived by C3's Chief Culinary Officer Martin Heierling and the culinary team behind sister restaurant Katsuya, the menu centres around the iconic Krispy Rice dish alongside handrolls, maki cut rolls, nigiri and chef-curated combinations.
- Sa'Moto: is a collection of Iron Chef Morimoto's most loved Pan-Asian dishes, merging Asian flavours, Japanese techniques and American spirit.
- Cicci Di Carne: centered on the concept of the local deli and butchers' shop, with a menu helmed by world-renowned Chef Dario Cecchini, known as the "world's best butcher."
- El Pollo Verde: created in partnership with Chef Dani Garcia, one of Spain's most internationally renowned Chefs, having achieved three Michelin stars and the Bib Gourmand in 2016.
- Kumi: considered the brotherly brand to Krispy Rice and based on C3's famous Las Vegas restaurant Kumi.
- EllaMia: a modern and sophisticated coffee brand that brings a slice of Los Angeles's craft coffee culture to international destinations. Lovingly named after the two daughters of C3's CEO and Founder, Sam Nazarian.
- Plant Nation: merges healthy ingredients, modern culinary techniques, and globally-inspired flavours to create one-of-a-kind plant-based dishes.
- LA Gente: the perfect on-the-go taco experience inspired by the street style of LA food trucks and Mexican tradition.
- 12 Caviar: here, caviar takes centre stage with a menu highlighting the delicate flavour profiles of caviar from around the world. A hallmark of fine gastronomic dining.
A New model
The first C3 site in Saudi Arabia, Citizens Food Hall, will launch in Riyadh in Q1 2022. The omnichannel culinary center will contain a curated collection of C3 culinary brands. It will operate as a dining destination featuring full-service restaurants and a fast-casual food hall. Powered by a ghost kitchen, Citizens Food Hall Riyadh will also serve meal delivery and pickup orders placed via the "Citizens Go" app.
C3 launched 165 locations in the U.S. in its first year, achieving 1.3 million orders to date. C3 currently operates over 250 digital brand locations across the U.S.
Earlier this year, C3 launched its proprietary Citizens Go app, an alternative to third-party delivery platforms. Citizens Go features a culinary marketplace of C3 digital restaurants allowing guests in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Austin, New York, to dine across different restaurants and group their menu choices into a single order.