NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors, announced today a 23-inch desktop display with the launch of the MultiSync EA231WMi, a 16:9 widescreen monitor for use in enterprise business environments, education and government applications.
This high-end enterprise monitor debuts several advanced features, starting with an IPS panel, which enables an outstanding viewing angle and image stability. The EA231WMi is NEC's first desktop display exhibiting DisplayPort technology, delivering a diverse amount of additional input connectors. Its one-touch button for ECO Mode enables users to quickly maneuver between two energy-savings modes, as well as the off selection. Additionally, the EA231WMi premieres automated brightness by using an ambient light sensor, which detects the brightness level of the environment and adjusts the display with the best brightness setting, saving significant energy.
A partial list of features of the EA231WMi includes:
- 4-way ergonomic stand (110mm height adjust, pivot, tilt and swivel)
- Two-step ECO Mode for significant power consumption savings
- Three-step ambient light sensor for automatic brightness adjustment
- Carbon footprint meter for tracking of carbon savings
- DisplayPort, VGA and DVI connectivity
- EPEAT Gold compliance
- Energy Star 5.0 and TCO 5.0
- New cabinet design with intuitive, multi-directional NaViKey
- Integrated 4-port USB 2.0 hub
- Space-saving, down-firing multimedia speakers with headphone jack
- Dynamic Video Mode with five presets for real-time optimization of image quality
- Built-in carrying handle
The EA231WMi will begin shipping in August 2009 with an estimated street price of $379. The display ships with a standard three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.