The iSMP4’s suite of accessories is comprised of a multi-bay docking station and rugged, universal tablet enclosure, which are specifically engineered to work seamlessly together with the iSMP4 Companion. Each piece of hardware has been designed from the ground-up to meet the unique needs of high transaction environments and support a broad range of enterprise use cases for in-store, out-of-store and on-board payment acceptance.
“Over the past few years, the mPOS market has grown rapidly with small and medium-sized merchants, but within the enterprise – including retail, restaurants, hotels and even healthcare – adoption has progressed at a slower rate," said Jordan McKee, senior analyst at 451 Research. "In the U.S., much of the delay has been attributed to the EMV migration, but globally, the solutions available in the market haven’t always been capable of addressing the unique challenges that enterprises are faced with. Agile, feature-rich mPOS devices designed with the needs of the enterprise in mind are a must to allow this market opportunity to reach its full potential.”
Throughout the development of the iSMP4, Ingenico Group worked closely with many enterprise retail, restaurant and hotel brands who have been pioneers in redefining the customer experience to gather requirements and better understand their mobility challenges.
Key features of the iSMP4 include:
- 2.8” backlit color display to provide an optimal user experience even in bright outdoor environments
- Long lasting 2,000mAh battery that supports a full workday and can be easily swapped-out for rapid replacement
- 1D/2D commercial-grade barcode scanner to speed up the checkout process and support barcode and QR code based mobile wallet programs
- Compatible with any iOS, Android, Windows or Linux based device
- Universal tablet enclosure enables one-handed use and supports a range of popular 8” tablets, including Apple, HP, Samsung and Dell devices
- Various docking (power & communications) and storage options – single-bay docks, multi-bay docks, stands and holsters
- An illuminated EMV slot that guides consumer interactions
- Ability to be used as a standalone device or connected with a tablet or smartphone via WiFi, Bluetooth and physical pairing options
- Support for both integrated and semi-integrated configurations