Ingenico Group Expands mPOS Offer with new Tablet POS Solution for the U.S. Market
Ingenico Group said it unveiled the Moby/M70 tablet point of sale (POS) solution, an EMV pre-certified, turnkey Android-based solution designed to work in a variety of environments and industries in the U.S. market. Running on the Android Nougat operating system (OS), the Moby/M70 boasts a fully open architecture, offering ISVs and developers in the United States the ability to create customizable tablet applications that address merchants’ unique business needs. By leveraging the Moby/M70 coupled with Ingenico Group’s mPOS EMV SDK and EMV Gateway, ISVs and developers can achieve faster speed to market with an all-in-one tablet POS solution capable of accepting EMV chip & sign, magstripe and NFC/contactless payments.
Driven by the demand for a turnkey, highly customizable solution that enables ISVs to compete in the increasingly competitive tablet POS market, the Moby/M70 leverages an embedded, EMV pre-certified RP457c card reader, allowing ISVs, developers, and merchants to avoid the time and cost associated with meeting and maintaining these certification requirements, an issue plaguing the United States since the migration began. Additionally, due to the solution’s open OS, ISVs and developers can push any applications they create through Google Play and other available mobile app stores, making it easy for merchants to download and update the apps needed to run their business.
“When mPOS solutions first entered the market they were generally smartphone based, geared towards SMBs and micro merchants and designed specifically for payment acceptance. Today, the appeal of mPOS has broadened and merchants are looking for much more than just payment acceptance,” said Jordan McKee, Principal Analyst at 451 Research. “Tablet POS has taken the market to the next level by enabling merchants to not only accept payments, but improve other aspects of their business as well. With this evolution of mPOS ecosystem, easy-to-implement solutions that encompass a broader value proposition are now more readily available for businesses of all sizes and types to deploy.”
The solution was designed to fit a variety merchants’ business needs across different verticals in the United States, including retail, hotel and lodging, food and beverage as well as healthcare, among others. Its sleek, modern, consumer-friendly design and white-labelling options make it easy to provide both ISVs and merchants with the flexibility to custom-brand the solution with their own logo in order to enhance brand perception and build brand recognition.
Additional key features of the Moby/M70 include:
- PCI PTS SCR 4.1, EMV Level 1 & 2 and EMV L1 Contactless, Visa payWave & Mastercard contactless certified
- Access to developer-friendly SDKs for ease of integration
- Certified for both contact and contactless EMV with five of the major US processors
- The latest ARM processor: Cortex-A35 Quad Core CPU 1.3 GHz
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera
- WI-FI 2.4 / 5GHz (ac) and BT 4.1
- Gorilla Glass with capacitive touchscreen and long battery life (4,160 mAh)
- Full suite of accessories, including a ruggedized rubber case, single-bay and multi-bay chargers as well as hand and shoulder straps
- Additional USB hub that can power the solution as well as connect additional items, such as cash drawers, scanners, printers and Ethernet cables
- Full access to Ingenico Group’s services and support, including a transparent product lifecycle, distribution, repair and warranty
To learn more about the Moby/M70 tablet POS solution, please visit https://ingenico.us/mobile-solutions/tablet-pos/moby-m70.html.