Action Systems, Inc. (ASI), makers of the Restaurant Manager Point-of-Sale System for the foodservice industry, today announced commercial availability of its mobile management application, RM Monitor. RM Monitor is a powerful new service that allows owners and managers to gain real-time visibility into virtually all key operational and management data via mobile devices including an iPhone or BlackBerry, at any time from anywhere.
Even as the restaurant industry begins to recover from the global economic slowdown, the ability to better control costs, prevent losses and improve customer service remain essential components to boosting profits and ensuring efficient operations. Having the ability to monitor information such as sales data, labor and cost ratios, and employee hours worked puts important information at the fingertips of an owner or manager. In addition, RM Monitor can generate key alerts when, for example, an employee approaches overtime and or potential fraud activities occur like voids and deletions which can make the difference between a profitable establishment and financial difficulty.
The Restaurant Manager RM Monitor service is constructed to ensure a restaurant remains PCI Compliant and offers access to virtually any information traditionally available only on-site. In addition to receiving information on preconfigured data, users can request ad-hoc reports to be delivered in a scaled, readable, .pdf format to their mobile device. By using Restaurant Manager's RM Monitor service, foodservice establishments can benefit from:
- True visibility into on-site happenings through current day summary data on sales, customers, checks, average spend and labor as a percent of sales ratio;
- Improved cost control through the receipt of configurable real-time alerts on employees approaching overtime, large deletions or voids which results in increase profits;
- Faster table turns via up to date information on open tables and tabs;
- Reduced fraud from access to audit entries such as discounted or reprinted checks;
- Complete operational insight via the ability to choose from hundreds of Restaurant Manager reports to be delivered to their mobile device in an easily readable .pdf format.
"Restaurant Manager's RM Monitor solution quickly became the most used app on my iPhone. When I've been away from the restaurant I have been able to reduce fraud instantly by seeing employees that are logged in who are not scheduled to work as well as seeing excessive check voids almost as they happen," says Jack Manousos, an RM Monitor user and owner of Killarney's Publik House in Hamilton, NJ. "This has saved me significant time and money as without RM Monitor I would have had to reconstruct events after the fact which makes it nearly impossible to recover lost revenue."
ASI / Restaurant Manager's Write-On Handheld Now on iPod Touch