Award-winning hospitality legend, best-selling author, and top-rated television personality of Paramount Network’s Bar Rescue, Jon Taffer will kick off MURTEC 2022, being held March 7-9 at The Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
Taffer has 40+ years as a leader in the hospitality industry including 10 years of being the star of the hit TV show, Bar Rescue. Back in 2018 he started conceptualizing Taffer’s Tavern, a revolutionary restaurant concept that disrupts the casual dining segment by using the latest technology. As reported by Hospitality Technology, the first location opened in Alpharetta, Georgia, in November 2020 and additional locations are in development for the Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Orlando and Boston areas.
In this not-to-miss session, Taffer will share his unfiltered, no-holds-barred view on how brands must evolve to stay competitive in today’s highly competitive landscape.
Hear why Taffer says:
- “The future of food is not chefs, it's technology.”
- “Third-party delivery services are not sustainable. It's not worth it to us (restaurants). If they're taking 25% off the top, it's just not.”
- “There are people sitting in Silicon Valley, California, who are working diligently 24-7 to try to figure out how to erode our business and make it their own.”
- “We as an industry have to reignite ourselves, and we need to reignite ourselves through and with our employees. This is a massive change to the way we've done business before."
Plus hear more about the Taffer's Tavern concept:
- How Taffer’s Tavern has twice the table turns of any restaurant in the business.
- Why Taffer’s Tavern BOH labor is 40 to 60% below any other casual dining model
- And what industry buzzword Taffer says is BS.
Now in its 27th year, MURTEC has become the "Gold Standard" event for education and networking in the restaurant technology industry. The 2022 event will take place March 7-9, at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino. Hosting 300+ restaurant technology executives and solution providers, MURTEC has grown every year to expand on all fronts more technology, more education, more networking all while still maintaining an exclusivity and intimacy that fosters invaluable peer-to-peer idea-sharing. The 2022 schedule will still feature popular standbys including: the annual golf outing and MURTEC University sessions. MURTEC also hosts the presentation of the Top Women Restaurant Technology Awards recognizing a diverse array of women in the foodservice technology industry, from restaurants and technology suppliers, and the Industry Hero Awards. To register or learn more about MURTEC, follow this link: https://www.murtec.com/start/begin
About Hospitality Technology
Hospitality Technology (HT) is the only publication dedicated to covering the role of information technology in improving business performance for both hotel and restaurant operators. The Hospitality Technology editorial portfolio includes: a print publication that publishes four times annually and reaches more than 16,000 hospitality industry executives, three networking and educational events (MURTEC, HT-NEXT and MURTEC Executive Summit), a comprehensive website, e-newsletters, web seminars, and several exclusive annual reports and studies. Hospitality Technology is the parent brand of the Restaurant Technology Network (RTN) (www.restauranttechnologynetwork.com), a membership community of restaurants and suppliers working together to solve industry challenges by shaping standards and sharing best practices. Visit Hospitality Technology online at www.hospitalitytech.com. Hospitality Technology is published by EnsembleIQ, headquartered in Chicago.