With this financial technology, hotel properties have the ability to reach new customers in emerging markets as bitcoins are a borderless digital currency. Using REVPAR GURU’s GuestLeader booking engine, guests can select Bitcoins as the method of payment during checkout.
BitPay makes it easy for business to accept bitcoins as a form of payment. When a customer checks out and chooses the option to pay in bitcoins, BitPay processes the transaction accepting the bitcoins from the customer and letting the hotel know the order had been paid. BitPay settles with the hotel the next business day and offers the hotel the option of depositing dollars (or one of 9 other local currencies: https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-direct-deposit) or bitcoins or a percentage split between the two.
Hotels currently accepting Bitcoin digital currency include:
- The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel – Las Vegas, NV, USA
- The Golden Gate Hotel & Casino – Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Clevelander Hotel – Miami Beach, FL, USA
- Hotel Residence Gallery – Abruzzo, Italy
- Hotel Coppede Roma – Rome, Italy
- Prodeo Hotel + Lounge – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Hotel San Martin – Mendoza, Argentina
- Bandholm Hotel – Bandholm, Denmark
- Pedro’s Inn – San Pedro, Belize
- Hotel van Walsum – Rotterdam, Netherlands
- La Magnolia Hotel Sorrento – Sorrento, Italy
- Mariners Inn – Cambria, California
Additionally, hotels such as Hyatt and Marriott Hotel are indirectly accepting Bitcoins, as eGifter and Gyft.com accepts Bitcoins as payment for gift cards for these brands. eGifter has been accepting Bitcoins since August 2013.