Netsurion, EventTracker Debut POS Ransomware Risk Self-Assessment for Business
Any business can find out its risk level and measure the impact of POS ransomware with an online POS Ransomware Risk Self-Assessment, offered at no charge from Netsurion, a provider of managed data and network security services for multi-location businesses, and security information and event management (SIEM) leader, EventTracker.
To date, the primary motivation of POS attacks has been to steal credit card data that can be sold on the black market for $5 to $30 per account, depending on the data’s value. However, all payment card-accepting organizations need to anticipate that criminals might switch to POS ransomware, attracted to the possibility they can receive more money, more quickly by holding a company virtually hostage with a new attack vector. One for which few merchant organizations are prepared.
The POS Ransomware Risk Self-Assessment can be accessed at no charge from both Netsurion and EventTracker. The online app provides:
- The risk level for ransomware, and other malware, and what factors could escalate it
- An estimate of how long the business may be down if ransomware at the POS is encountered
- An estimated total revenue loss to show the real, concrete impact that ransomware can have
- Customized POS ransomware protection recommendations that are emailed and can be shared with management
- ROI guidance to help security pros evaluate recommended security measures
Netsurion and EventTracker are committed to equipping businesses with the knowledge and tools necessary to protect their brands, bottom-line, and customers. In addition to providing the self-assessment, Netsurion and EventTracker are hosting a POS ransomware educational webinar, in which Netsurion and EventTracker’s global CISO will present a detailed explanation of the threat, the potential impact, and recommended solutions.
The webinar will take place on Aug. 1 at 1 p.m. CT. To register and receive a first-look at the companies’ upcoming POS ransomware whitepaper, visit: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5176067918608210179.