McLane Launches Back Office Management Solution
McLane Company, Inc., a supply chain services company providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions, launched a new back office management solution for convenience store retailers during the McLane National Trade Show (NTS).
The new solution is a one-stop-shop for retailers and all their technology needs. McLane has completed interfaces that communicate with three of the largest POS hardware providers in the industry, representing approximately 98% of the market (NCR RPOS, Gilbarco Passport and Verifone Ruby2). McLane’s approach uses the industry-standard language called NAXML to share data with each POS hardware platform.
Benefits of the new back office solution include:
- Centralized price book management including perpetual inventory
- Ability to setup and manage distributors, stores, groups, retails and costs
- Item mix-match, combos, promotions, bundling and happy hour specials
- Age verification and category management
- Back office data can now be established with retailers directly from McLane — this data is often difficult to obtain from third-party back-of-house companies
Deon Johnson, VP of applications at McLane, unveiled the new back office management system at NTS, held at the Henry B. González Convention Center in San Antonio, TX during the Technology Conference.
McLane is dedicated to providing its retailers with the latest in new technology to improve efficiency in all aspects of inventory control, ordering and item management. Rapid implementation and rollout mean that retailers can take advantage of cost-savings solutions now, not next year. The solutions are easy to use, and store employees are able to address informational needs without having to spend time on the phone seeking answers from others.