Delivery service commits an estimated $100M in commission relief and extended marketing programs through May.
DoorDash will be reducing commission fees for local restaurant partners with no more than 5 locations by 50% through May. This commission relief program, available for restaurants on the DoorDash and Caviar platforms, will benefit more than 150,000 local restaurants in the United States, Canada, and Australia and will begin on April 13 and continue through the end of May. This estimated $100M injection from DoorDash is dedicated to helping merchants respond to the acute financial threats they are facing right now.
This new package is in addition to the previously announced COVID-19 response programs which DoorDash adopted to help restaurant partners generate up to $200 million in additional sales. Earlier commitments include:
- Zero commission fees for 30 days for independent restaurants in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Australia who sign up with DoorDash and Caviar for the first time;
- Zero commission fees for all existing DoorDash and Caviar partners on pickup orders;
- The addition of more than 100,000 independent restaurant partners to DashPass, DoorDash's subscription program which offers $0 delivery fees for consumers;
- The reduction of commissions for merchant partners already in DashPass; and
- The commitment of up to $20 million in merchant marketing programs to generate more revenue for restaurants that are already on DoorDash.
While set to end in April, these programs will also now continue through the end of May. This is not a deferral of fees, nor will merchants be asked to pay anything back.