Call for Presentations: MURTEC Executive Summit
Hospitality Technology (HT) magazine is now accepting presentation proposals for the MURTEC Executive Summit, taking place October 17-19 at The Omni Hotel in Nashville, Tenn. From the most established brand in restaurant technology events, the MURTEC Executive Summit is an executive-level experience that prioritizes group discussions, two-way dialogue, and collaboration. Hospitality Technology (HT) is seeking engaging and informative presenters to share technology best practices, insights and lessons learned with an audience of senior-level restaurant operators in MURTEC Innovation Labs.
Innovation Labs are interactive sessions designed to inspire attendee collaboration. Fifteen-minute presentations are followed by group discussion exercises that engage restaurant attendees and solution providers to share ideas and solve problems. HT advises potential speakers to consider the following when submitting a proposal:
- Focus on a theme with clear discussion objectives. Consider the Summit's theme for this year, "Technology Storytellers" – what's your technology story? If you can captivate us...we want you!
- Be fast-paced and highly collaborative, get to the “meat” of a topic quickly and in an engaging manner.
- Offer objective commentary, predictions for the future, and challenge peers to think of topics in unique ways, providing a call to action for discussion such as “what would you have done differently,” etc.
- Identify three key takeaways and/or points for further discussion. Speakers will be asked to lead a 20-minute mini-workshop following their 15-minute presentation.
Proposal Evaluation & Speaker Selection:
Proposals will be reviewed by the Hospitality Technology editorial team and the MURTEC Advisory Council (MAC). This group of senior-level restaurant technology executives will judge each proposal based on content and the speaker’s references. Highly rated material will be selected for a second round of review that will include a call with HT editorial and at least one member of the MAC.
Hospitality Technology relies heavily on two components when choosing content for a session:
1. Content matching the interests identified by our board of restaurant advisors.
2. Speaker references to ensure the quality of our programming efforts.
I am a Technology Solution Provider. Can I present Content?
Yes, IF you are a MURTEC Executive Summit sponsor whose content is selected by the MURTEC Advisory Council! Hospitality Technology recognizes that its event sponsors bring deep domain expertise in technology subject matter. We also have high standards for content objectivity. To that end, MURTEC Executive Summit sponsors may submit proposals to speak in the “Innovation Labs.” Sponsorship does NOT guarantee that a proposal will be selected; it simply makes you eligible to submit a proposal. Sponsor speaker proposals will be evaluated in the pool of all speaker proposals and the best content will be chosen. Promotional content is not eligible. You may also nominate a restaurant operator to speak either with you, or on their own.
Solution providers who are not sponsors are not eligible to speak; they may, however, nominate a restaurant operator to speak. Nominating a speaker has no impact on access to the Summit. Summit access is reserved for sponsors only.
Nominations can be entered through the online form and the deadline for submissions has been extended and is NOW JULY 18!
June 24, 2018. Notification to all applicants regarding presentations in consideration will be made no later than July 25, 2018.
If you have any questions, please visit the website or email Dorothy Creamer [email protected]