Best Western Mobile Guest Engagement Tool Launches Across Full System
Best Western Hotels & Resorts announced the global launch of its new Best Western Mobile Guest Engagement Platform. Now utilized by 360 Best Western properties with technology partner Runtriz, the platform provides web-based guest communications tools pre-arrival, on property and at check-out, all without the necessity of downloading a smartphone application. Based on initial results, the program is now available at all Best Western-branded hotels across the globe.
Best Western members that tested the platform have reported significant increases in guest satisfaction, overall experience, and increased room revenue through native upselling and advertising functions. Notably, Medallia Net Promoter Scores (NPS) have increased by as much as 18 points for guests using the platform’s mobile requests feature. RevPAR has increased nearly $1 for every two-point NPS increase.
“Best Western is a leader in developing and deploying cutting-edge technology that delivers ROI to our members and enhances the guest experience, and this has remained a key priority for us throughout our brand refresh, as we’ve stepped up our offerings to today’s travelers,” said Ron Pohl, Senior Vice President and Chief Operations Officer of Best Western Hotels & Resorts. “We believe this is the beginning of a true evolution in guest communication, and we look forward to what is to come down the road.”
Key features and benefits of the platform include:
- Convenient Check-in/Check-out – Guests will enjoy a streamlined check-in and check-out process, including convenient late check-out functions.
- Custom Communication – Guests may choose to communicate with the system and staff through email or text message.
- Building Loyalty – Guests will have access to convenient sign-up links and integration with Best Western Rewards® (BWR®) – Best Western’s award-winning loyalty program.
- Easy Upgrades – Guests may enhance their experience by purchasing upgrades and additional services.
- Initiate Guest Services – Guests can quickly request service and support via open, text-free response forms.
- Local Information – Guests will have access to TripAdvisor®-driven content including up-to-date, convenient information on local restaurants, hot spots and sightseeing options.
- International Content – Guests will receive information tailored to each property’s location in guests’ preferred language.
- Simple Staff Management – Hotel management can quickly respond to guest requests, make staff-to-staff requests, filter requests, respond through any device regardless of location – and track and monitor all activity – all through an easy-to-use request-management system.
- Integrated Transportation – Guests can request a ride with Uber directly through the mobile platform.
In addition to rolling out the Mobile Guest Engagement Platform across all properties, Best Western is also now testing integration with Amazon Dot – a voice-controlled, intelligent personal assistant. That feature is currently being tested at the Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms in Oceanside, California.