BC Lynd Hospitality Implements Quore at Its Harlingen Convention Center
When B.C. Lynd Hospitality opened the doors to the new Harlingen (Texas) Convention Center this month, the Quore workforce communication platform was there ensuring that all spaces looked their best, equipment functioned properly, and communication between facility staff, event planners and visitors was seamless. Based on the company’s successful track record with Quore’s housekeeping, work order automation, preventative maintenance and engineering software at six of its Marriott-branded hotels, the ownership, management and development company decided the solution was ideal for the new facility’s 44,000 square feet of dedicated meeting and event space.
“BC Lynd Hospitality is focused on enhancing the customer experience, refining its service standards, and improving its physical assets, and Quore is helping us achieve those goals,” said Keith Morgan, Director of Operations for BC Lynd Hospitality. “Before joining this company, I had prior experience with Quore; regardless of the property size, location or brand affiliation, our hotels’ guest service scores soared. When I came to BC Lynd, I saw that it did not have an automated workforce communication system. It concerned me, especially learning that our hotels (primarily consisting of Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites and TownePlace Suites hotels) were being graded by Marriott on how customers viewed us. Handwritten communication and notes jotted down in logbooks wasn’t going to cut it. Because each department has its own scoring system, I knew that Quore could help us achieve the top scores that Marriott was looking for. Almost immediately, customer satisfaction scores and individual departmental scores at these hotels improved. Quore not only helped each property to be more organized, but it helped our teams communicate better.
“When we began building the Harlingen Convention Center, we recognized several operational synergies between the event facility and our hotels,” Morgan said. “While it doesn’t have guestrooms or the same brand scoring system, meeting and public spaces contain furnishings, fixtures and equipment that require preventive maintenance, and fire and life safety items need to be inspected routinely. Then there’s the communications aspect; visitors need to be greeted and meeting planners’ requests need to be funneled to the right people so that workorders are completed quickly and correctly. We knew Quore would be perfect to ensure the asset is properly maintained. Quore has proven itself to be the ideal solution for any business or organization. Plus, it’s much easier to use than any other program in the market.”
Adjacent to the Harlingen Convention Center, BC Lynd Hospitalitiy is building a 140+ room Hilton Garden Inn. When the hotel opens in 13 months, Quore will be there too.
Operational Success at the Core
Quore is a cloud-based service optimization platform built for the hospitality industry by people from the hospitality industry. The application is comprised of more than 30 tools designed for use by everyone across a property or facility: from the housekeeper cleaning rooms to management overseeing it all. Work orders and complaints, room cleanings and preventative maintenance (PMs), callbacks and memos are simplified in Quore – all without loud radios or binders. Quore takes the guesswork out of running hotels and convention centers so that operators can focus on their guests and guests can focus on their visit.
With Quore, BC Lynd Hospitality is:
- Enhancing service recovery, improving response time for guest and meeting planner requests, scheduling guest callbacks, and more.
- Enabling engineers to work through preventive maintenance tasks on the Quore mobile app, enabling them to keep track of all items at the hotel or convention center. The system instantly creates work orders for any item that fails so engineers can keep clear records and track maintenance trends.
- Simplifying the management of room cleanings and streamlining inspections. Housekeepers are automatically signaled via real-time mobile notifications when rooms are ready to be cleaned or sudden guestroom updates.
- Eliminating a cumbersome and erroneous paper trail. With Quore, information can’t be manipulated or deleted by mistake.
- Verifying that guest and event planner requests are being processed in a timely fashion. Managers are keeping track of staff to-do’s, tasks and track overall productivity across their hotel from their desktop or smartphone. The company is viewing its entire portfolio at any time and approving capital expenditures with ease.
- Accessing historic data and records easily and measuring its customer service success via improvement in each property’s and department’s problem handing scores.