Tapit, a restaurant and retail-focused software vendor, globally launched SELFIT, a self-ordering kiosk platform with accompanying online ordering via a mobile app and interface to the restaurant’s website. Purpose-built for the restaurant and retail industries, Tapit will demonstrate its self-ordering platform on KIOSK Information Systems’ 32” Paragon platform at the National Restaurant Association 2019 show in Booth 9605.
According to an IHL Services Inc. research study, 96% of adults aged 18-39 favored self-kiosks for food ordering. With Tapit, single restaurant locations or large chains can meet this demand and affordably install SELFIT’s feature-rich, highly customizable and scalable technology - one kiosk at a time or on hundreds of kiosks simultaneously.
“On average, Tapit self-order kiosks increased each individual order by a remarkable 30% and 13% per branch,” said Eli Cohen, Head of Operations at New-Deli restaurant chain. “The responsive interface allows for easy ordering and upselling, and a better customer experience.” New Deli is opening 120 additional stores, and is installing more than 150 SELFIT systems while hiring 280 additional employees.
SELFIT SELF-ORDERING PLATFORM
SELFIT self-ordering platform gives restaurants the ability to easily customize their menus and automatically update their kiosks and apps to showcase the latest promotions to their customers, delivering the opportunity to upsell customers and reduce customer abandonment caused by long lines and wait time. The result is dramatically increased revenue and customer satisfaction.
SELFIT’s key features include:
- Linux-based software solution that works with any self-ordering kiosk hardware and integrates with any point-of-sale system
- Support for any local cashless payment methods, including Mastercard, Visa, Discovery and American Express
- Easy-to-use and deploy templates
- “Plug N’ Run” interface enabling restaurant operators to upload designs and content and launch in hours, not months
- Easy-to-use, comprehensive remote management system
- Menu customization as well as management interface in practically any language from English to Chinese to Arabic to Russian to Thai
- Multi-level access for users with predefined levels of control
- Multilevel branch hierarchy – Country – State – Region – City – Suburb – etc.
- Measurable ROI with the ability to generate insightful activity reports such as detailed usage, revenues and performance
- Real-time health monitoring and alerting system for a fleet of kiosks to maximize uptime and simplify deployment management
- End-to-end support for ongoing maintenance