Samsung Debuts Rugged Galaxy Tab Active2 Tablet
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced the U.S. availability of the Galaxy Tab Active2, a rugged tablet designed for mobile workers who conduct business outdoors or beyond office walls, including in the field, industrial locations, and harsh weather. The device provides easy access to essential functions in extreme conditions—such as high/low temperatures and wet environments—and advances seamless workflow by combining high durability and LTE connectivity with a range of innovative capabilities for business users.
Mobile workers across industries can use the Tab Active2 to access applications for managing job-specific tasks, such as asset management and factory automation. Through Samsung’s growing ecosystem of partners, businesses can deploy the mobile solutions workers rely on in industries such as hospitality, manufacturing, retail, transportation and public safety.
Built for Business
The Tab Active2 is MIL-STD-810-certified—the military standard for durability during excessive pressure, temperatures, vibrations and drops—and IP68-rated for water and dust resistance. Physical buttons are included for easy operation with work gloves, and the display can be used while wet, enabling access in rainy or inclement weather.
Other capabilities ensuring seamless workflow include:
- Ruggedized S Pen: An IP68-certified water and dust resistant S Pen provides high precision in tough environments, including use on a wet display and alternate access to the tablet when wearing gloves.
- LTE-Enabled: An LTE version lets workers in the field stay connected while mobile.
- Replaceable Battery: Batteries are replaceable through a removable back panel, so that fully-charged backup batteries can be available and easily inserted, keeping productivity flowing.
- Convenient Charging/Data Transfer: Pogo pins on the side of the tablet enable convenient charging, offering high durability for docking a device or multiple units.
- High-Resolution Camera: A 5MP front camera and 8MP auto focus rear camera delivers high-quality photos and scanning when capturing work photos or bar codes.
- Fast Access: Enhanced touch sensitivity lets users access touchscreen features while wearing gloves, while facial recognition allows fast device access using biometrics.
The Tab Active2 is also IT friendly, with the Samsung Knox defense-grade security platform enabling IT administrators to customize the device for company purposes, providing employees access to just the apps required for business use. Enterprise Firmware Over-the-Air (eFOTA) allows testing before deployments, so enterprises have control over OS versions on employee devices.
Applications & Accessories Advance
The Tab Active2 enables companies to tap an ecosystem of applications and accessories designed to help users manage essential business tasks and processes. These include applications for asset management, factory automation, e-signatures, direct store delivery, scanning and more. Key examples are:
- Fleet Management: The Tab Active2 can help address challenges for the trucking industry when combined with solutions such as Omnitracs XRS fleet management software. This lets drivers use the device to digitally monitor hours of service (HOS) logs while on and off duty, to comply with federally mandated electronic logging requirements.
- Fast Scanning for Retail: Combining Scandit’s mobile data capture platform with the Tab Active2 enables retail workers at a rainy loading dock to refrigerated stock room to use the device to rapidly scan multiple barcodes at once.
- Asset Management in the Field: In combination with a powerful asset management application, Tab Active2 lets workers in the field manage inventories, schedule maintenance and oversee assets digitally. For more information on this solution, visit here.
Additionally, an array of accessories for the Tab Active2 drive flexibility and functionality while on the job, including professional-grade vehicle mounting options for commercial fleets and emergency responders, portable barcode scanning equipment for retailers, hand straps for one-hand operation in factory environments, and rugged portable keyboards.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 is now available in the U.S. through Samsung’s IT reseller partner channel (both WiFi and LTE versions).For more information and full product specifications on the Galaxy Tab Active2, visit here.
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.