Oracle Hospitality is committed to helping the hospitality industry get back to business. To support this effort, Oracle, with support from HTNG, recently hosted Innovation Week, a collaborative event dedicated to accelerating the industry’s recovery and accommodating the rapidly evolving demand for low or contactless guest and employee interactions. The inaugural event drew 465 attendees across more than 200 hospitality technology organizations from 48 countries who came together to not only foster dialogue about innovation, but make it a reality. The event offered an expedited pathway to integration with Oracle Hospitality solutions, offering hoteliers more choices in technology to help them prepare for the new next.
During the five-day event, many vendors were able to make significant progress in the development of their integrations.
“We expected to spend weeks building our integration, but with the help of Oracle Hospitality experts, we were able to do it within days,” said Andreas Loeseth, COO of Fácil, which worked on an OPERA Cloud PMS integration enabling self-service check-in and check-out using a mobile app or kiosk. “Innovation Week showed us the level of Oracle’s commitment to open APIs and helping vendors develop new solutions for hoteliers. It’s exactly the type of assistance we need to fuel an industry recovery.”
“Oracle Hospitality stands apart in terms of the depth and breadth of the partners who integrate with our flagship platforms OPERA Cloud, OPERA 5 and Simphony. It is unparalleled. We also understand how critical technology is to deliver a great guest experience, especially during this time,” said Alex Alt, senior vice president and general manager of Oracle Hospitality. “Innovation Week successfully paved the way for new and existing vendor-partners to ramp up innovation and help solutions get to market much faster.”
A League of Their Own
In addition to the many hospitality vendors new to the Oracle ecosystem, Innovation Week also featured several Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) members with Oracle Validated Integrations focused on low-touch or contactless solutions, including:
- ALICE: Offers an all-in-one solution that enables hotel staff to do the most impactful work without all the guesses. The ALICE/Oracle integration is a two-way, real-time interface that connects all hotel operations to the hotel’s PMS, enabling increased visibility across departments. The seamless communication between OPERA and ALICE removes the need for hoteliers to switch between two systems and focus their time and attention on delivering exceptional hospitality. Some of the properties leveraging the ALICE/Oracle integration include Montage Hotels & Resorts, Omni Hotels & Resorts properties, Viceroy Hotels and Resorts and Calamigos Guest Ranch.
- Hapi: Offers a cloud data hub that enables centralized exposure of data from disparate systems, spanning on premise and hosted. Hapi builds on the Oracle OPERA Cloud’s promise of centralized, open APIs by bringing this functionality to legacy customers now and enabling a smoother transition to the cloud. Integration partners can also use multiple OPERA interface protocols in a single Hapi connection, and large hotel chains can benefit from custom OPERA integrations into their tech ecosystems. The Hapi/ Oracle integration is currently being used by IHG, Accor, Red Lion Hotels, Rosewood Hotels and Resorts, Langham Hotels and Resorts, just to name a few.
- InnSpire: This 2020 HTNG TechOvation award-winning company offers a contactless, all-in-one technology suite that seamlessly helps drive a world class digital guest experience for some of the world’s most iconic hotels and brands. The key benefits of the company’s integration include accelerating the personalization of the guest experience, leveraging demographics and personal interests to customize in-room digital interfaces, such as Apps, TV-experience and voice. Today, the InnSpire/Oracle integration is being used by LUX* Resorts and Hotels, ME Dubai by Melia and many more.
- INTELITY: As the leading provider of guest experience management solutions for the hospitality industry, INTELITY unites mobile, in-room and back-office tools into one robust, fully-integrated hospitality platform. INTELITY’s integration with OPERA PMS enhances and streamlines a wide range of guest-facing activities, including contactless check-in, mobile key, touchless service requests and more. INTELITY also integrates with MICROS Simphony, allowing guests to place dining orders from their devices or an in-room tablet. With mutual customers worldwide, some hotels taking advantage of the INTELITY/Oracle integration include Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Hyatt, YOTEL and Mystic Lake Casino Hotel.
- Nonius: This 2020 HTNG TechOvation award-winning company offers solutions to help hoteliers provide a great and contactless guest experience. Nonius has integrated its products with Oracle, including Mobile check-in and Key, Guest internet access, TV, Voice & Cast. Some hotels leveraging the Nonius/Oracle integration are from renowned groups such as Belmond, Accor, IHG, Four Seasons, GHM Hotels, Hard Rock Hotels, Marriot, Pestana and many more.
- Zaplox: Offers contact-free mobile guest journey and mobile key services for the global hotel market. Zaplox solutions save time and costs while providing hotels with a direct channel to communicate with the guests and the opportunity to generate additional revenue. The contact-free mobile guest journey also supports the "Safe Stay” guidelines providing contact-free and touchless options for guests during their stay. The Zaplox/Oracle integration is currently being used by Arlo Hotels, Union Hoteli, ARP Hansen Hotel Group and many other global properties.
“Oracle’s architecture is truly open and that directly helps to ignite and accelerate industry innovation,” said Luis Weir, director of product management, Oracle Hospitality integration and APIs. “Our approach allows hoteliers to work directly with our partners to build experiences that are better suited to tackle new challenges and meet evolving guest expectations. And by providing a standardized set of modern, secure APIs, we allow them to do it quickly and cost effectively – delivering innovation by encouraging customization.”
Resources to Accelerate Innovation for the New Next
- Hospitality Cloud Marketplace: A cloud-based marketplace where certified partners can list their offerings, systems, product descriptions and demo links.
- New Next Vendor-Partner Integrations: An extensive listing of integrations specifically built to enable contactless operations.
- Technology Guide for a Touchless Guest Journey: This comprehensive playbook covers contactless operations, integration challenges and solutions, technology budgeting, low-touch solutions and advice to help hotels differentiate their offerings with innovative and emerging technology.
- Oracle Hospitality Resource Center: A global information and resource hub to help all those within the hospitality industry.