NRF 2020 NEWS: HP Launches Cloud Services for Retail and Hospitality Markets at NRF 2020
Ahead of National Retail Federation (NRF) 2020: Retail’s Big Show, HP Inc. announced new cloud services for retailers and hospitality operators demonstrating the company’s commitment to help transform the customer experience. HP Engage Console and HP Engage Catalog are designed to deliver easy-to-use retail solutions to help increase productivity, reduce manual IT work, and facilitate fast time-to-market.
As the number of connected devices continues to grow in every kind of enterprise, managing and monitoring multi-OS endpoints with unified endpoint management (UEM) tools is becoming critical. By 2024, 70% of enterprises are expected to adopt UEM tools used to streamline their devices[i]. Retail is no exception to this evolution.
HP Engage Console: Securely and Efficiently Manage Devices and Apps
Designed for retailers, hospitality operators, independent software vendors (ISVs) and resellers alike, HP Engage Console provides seamless application distribution and management for retail point-of-sale devices and apps. The cloud solution helps:
- Increase productivity. Troubleshoot and solve device issues remotely without sending IT staff onsite while increasing uptime and saving costs.
- Reduce manual IT work. Provision devices in bulk and improve IT productivity by automating data-driven compliance checks and security alerts.
- Facilitate fast time-to-market. Get end-users set up and running with an easy-to-use solution with industry-leading support to start managing devices quickly.
HP Engage Console is not only critical for enterprise retailers to manage their fleet of devices, but also helpful for small and medium-sized retailers and hospitality operators that do not have onsite IT managers and require all business-critical applications to be fully functional with highest uptime.
HP Engage Catalog: Easily Discover Retail Applications and Services
As retailers are looking to procure business-ready solutions that are complete with software applications of their choice, ISVs are also looking for easy discoverability of their applications and services. HP Engage Catalog aims to solve both problems by making it:
- Easy to discover for retailers. Discover, install, and update applications on the retail point-of-sale device.
- Easy to upload for ISV partners. Upload applications and updates directly onto HP’s server for retailers to find.
Lastly, recognizing the role of existing market solutions, the latest HP point-of-sale hardware is now certified with leading MDM services including VMware and SOTI. ISV partners also have the option of procuring these services with HP hardware.
HP Engage Console and HP Engage Catalog are expected to be available in February.
[i] Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools