NRF 2018 NEWS: Zebra Helps Retailers Meet Omnichannel Demands and Strengthen Store Operations
Zebra Technologies Corporation, provider of rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced new retail solutions designed to help retailers outperform their competition, elevate the customer experience, and strengthen their operations. Zebra will be showcasing these new solutions publicly for the first time in Booth #1603 at the National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention & EXPO on Jan. 14-16, 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
Among the new solutions that will be on display at NRF are the MC3300 handheld computer series and the VC80x vehicle-mount mobile computer providing organizations with a complete portfolio of Android-based mobile computers to meet their business needs from the front of the retail store to the distribution center or warehouse. The Android-based MC3300 and VC80x mobile computers are fortified with Mobility DNA to help simplify the deployment and application development required to transition from legacy Windows-based mobile investments. Zebra also announced the ZD420d/ZD620d direct thermal printers enhanced by Print DNA featuring the latest Link-OS 5.0 enterprise printer operating system for a superior printing experience.
MC3300 Mobile Computer/VC80x Vehicle-Mount Computer
- The MC3300 mobile computer is available in multiple form factors with advanced data capture features that can scan 1D/2D barcodes in virtually any condition at short and extended long range - helping increase scanning speeds and accuracy while improving worker productivity in inventory management, parts tracking and picking and put away applications.
- The light and rugged MC3300’s large touchscreen display and keypad combination enables the use of key-based processes as well as Android’s intuitive touch-based interface, providing staff with the flexibility they need to decrease learning curves and increase efficiency in fast-paced backroom and warehouse environments.
- The ultra-rugged VC80x is the industry’s first Android-based vehicle-mount computer that provides frost and condensation-free operations through cutting edge sensor and heating technology that results in less device downtime and maintenance.
- The MC3300 and VC80x come enhanced with Mobility DNA software featuring a unique set of productivity, management and developer tools designed for easier integration and optimal business efficiency. This includes the new Device Diagnostics application for maximizing device availability through a feature that can determine device damage prior to sending out for service.
- Both devices extend the industry’s largest portfolio of Android mobile computers running on a common platform and provide investment protection for businesses by supporting multiple application migration paths. This offers IT managers the option to run legacy Windows operating system apps right out of the box before making the full transition to Android. The MC3300 also offers backwards compatibility for legacy MC3090/3190 mobile computers.
ZD420d/ZD620d Direct Thermal Desktop Printers
- The ZD420d and ZD620d direct thermal printers are easy to use and built with advanced connectivity, centralized monitoring and device management features that ensure optimum print speeds and decreased printer downtime for retail, healthcare and manufacturing workers.
- The ZD420d and the ZD620d features Zebra’s Print DNA software suite powered by the updated Link-OS 5.0 operating system which now includes PrintSecure. This security feature makes it easy to update and configure printers by using secure connections, block unwanted access and ensure that data and infrastructure are being protected.