NRF 2018 NEWS: Epson Launches New OmniLink Multifunction POS Receipt Printer
At the National Retail Federation’s Annual Convention and Expo, Epson America, Inc., a supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, announced the OmniLink TM-H6000V multifunction thermal receipt printer. Designed with significant business critical improvements, it is ideal for businesses that want to enhance the overall transaction experience for their customers. Available from Epson authorized channel partners now, Epson will be demonstrating the new solution at NRF, January 14- 16 at the Jacob K.Javits Convention Center, NYC, booth #4033.
POS is the core of the store. It not only manages checkout and keeps a record of transactions, but it connects the information to dozens of other essential enterprise applications. Epson recognizes this and ensures merchants have access to the latest POS solutions that help provide the essential capabilities they need.
Designed with significant business critical improvements, the OmniLink TM-H6000V multifunction hybrid printer supports advanced functionality to 'future proof' the product for many years to come. With dynamic multi-interface connectivity (including built-in Ethernet and USB interfaces), it can be shared by mobile devices and legacy POS terminals. Designed for the cloud, the TM-H6000V helps businesses leverage printing from Web-based apps including online ordering services, so they’re ready for the ever-changing world of retail. Remote printer monitoring1 means less down time and an intuitive control panel provides clear error indications. The TM-H6000V also facilitates distributed proximity-based printing with Beacon2 and NFC3 technologies, and offers advanced paper-saving features.
OmniLink TM-H6000V Key Features
- Connect to multiple devices ― printer can be dynamically shared by legacy POS terminals, tablets and mobile devices, as well as cloud servers
- Triple-interface connectivity to future-proof growing businesses ― maximum flexibility with three options, including built-in USB and Ethernet
- Less down time ― remote monitoring of the printer’s status and part life expectancy1
- Fewer service calls ― intuitive control panel with visual error notifications
- Designed for the cloud ― supports printing from Web-based applications utilizing Epson's ePOS™ print technology; plus, utilize Server Direct Printing for online ordering support
- Distributed proximity-based printing ― through Epson’s Beacon support using BLE (Bluetooth® Low Energy)2; and, through NFC (Near Field Communication) technology for easy pairing with mobile devices3
- Advanced paper-saving functions for thermal receipts ― top-margin and character height reduction features help reduce paper usage by up to 47 percent4
- Reliability ― printhead reliability of 200 km and extended auto cutter life of 3 million cuts5
- Fast transaction times ― print speeds up to 350 mm/sec6, plus a high-speed auto cutter
- Fast check processing ― high MICR reader accuracy