Click the podcast link below to hear our colleague Angela Diffly, co-founder of the Restaurant Technology Network, share insights and inspiration with The Restaurant Technology Guys podcast.
Some highlights of the convo include:
- The Restaurant Technology Network was founded with the goal of connecting restaurant operators sourcing solutions with technology vendors in hopes of sparking “incubator” conversations: What challenges are restaurants facing, and how can vendors develop impactful solutions?
- RTN's facilitating of conversations before and during the development of a solution can preemptively solve for the interoperability challenges restaurants have faced, providing restaurants with more choices.
- Just one example of an RTN initiative that has led to industry-leading guidance is the Open API Framework; prior to this RTN initiative, the lack of meaningful open API standardization was an impediment to true innovation. (RTN offers an array of Technical Documents.)
- Three years after its founding, RTN has almost 300 members — including restaurant brands and technology solutions providers.
- In March 2022, MURTEC (the Multi-Unit Restaurant Technology Conference) will bring together more than 500 restaurant operators and technology professionals at its 27th annual conference in Las Vegas. Diffly, who will represent RTN at the conference and moderate select educational sessions, describes MURTEC as a “giant networking event,” with educational sessions and meals held right in the exhibit hall where solutions providers are presenting their latest restaurant tech. (MURTEC’s Start-Up Alley is a showcase for what Diffly describes as “scrappy” and “disruptive” restaurant tech ideas.)