Lightspeed Expands Inventory Management Features
Lightspeed, a provider of omnichannel point-of-sale software, solutions and support systems for independents, has added new inventory-focused features to Lightspeed Retail’s suite of tools. These features will help Lightspeed deliver unparalleled inventory management control, offering restaurants and retailers added insight into how their business is truly performing.
- Negative Inventory Report: Retailers can determine the source of common issues resulting in stock deficits through comprehensive inventory reports, accounting for product both through Lightspeed Retail and Lightspeed eCommerce to maintain updated, accurate inventory information
- Omnichannel Impact: Smart and seamless management of pre-orders and back orders, whether in-store or online, which can be accessed through the negative inventory report
- Home-Data Driven Dashboard: Focuses on the shop's overall goals, including revenue, margin, profit, sales, discounts and refunds
- Vendor Returns: Redesigned to make it easier for merchants to manage inventory, including quantities on return orders
- Newly Supported Images Dimensions and Formats: Enables merchants to showcase their products online in more detail, thus helping the luxury verticals to deliver compelling experiences and increased sales.
Existing Lightspeed Retail customers have already seen a positive impact on their daily operations from using the newest features.
“The negative inventory feature in Lightspeed has made my stock control absolute heaven,” said Theresa Pederson from lingerie retailer, Bodacious Bustlines.
“With the improvements that Lightspeed has made to their inventory controls we are able to maintain a more accurate picture of what we truly own,” said Tim Black from outdoor guide service and retail store, NOC Adventure Center.
“I live by my numbers; the inventory and the margins must be correct,” said Lori Ashcroft from baseball organization, West Michigan Whitecaps. “Using the negative inventory report, I can see at a glance where my negative inventory is. Using negative inventory has also worked really well with our eCom backorders. Ever since we started using it, I haven’t had a single problem; it’s worked perfectly.”