Paying employees on time is vital in the restaurant industry, but labor and payroll systems were never designed to share information, the company reports. As a result, time cards are often inaccurate and submitted late, the corporate office has to untangle the errors, and staff aren’t paid on time. In an industry where payroll expenses can encompass more than 50 percent of a restaurant’s revenue, those additional errors can be extremely costly.
Unlike other systems, PayControl brings together both the labor management and payroll adjustment pieces into one tool that can be accessed anywhere there’s an internet connection, saving managers and HR teams time and money. Employees can login to HotSchedules to view their pay history, while managers and HR departments can quickly review and adjust data from multiple stores and then export that data into popular third-party payroll systems. PayControl can even account for state labor laws, overtime and other pay rules that are unique to each business.
PayControl includes a suite of tools designed to help HR departments and restaurant managers eliminate busywork:
· PayControl Webclock is a web-based time clock that enforces clock in/out restrictions to ensure that employees work their scheduled shifts. Managers can override clock in/outs whenever necessary.
· Time/Tip/Break Edits can correct time cards, tips and break entries.
· Punch Card Communication to employees so that they can approve, deny or acknowledge these changes while in the HotSchedules web-app.
· Pay Adjustments add specialized pay deductions or pay bonuses.
· Payroll Aggregation Export consolidates all final payroll data and exports it to one file formatted for the leading payroll solutions.
· PayControl Reporting allows users to view aggregated timecard data for all stores.