The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) is asking for support on Giving Tuesday, November 29.
100% of every dollar donated directly supports the NRAEF and its programs, the group says. For the past 35 years, the NRAEF has provided the training, support, and resources to help current and future restaurant workers pursue opportunities in the restaurant, foodservice, and hospitality industry.
Demand for talent is high with restaurant employment 4.5 percent below pre-pandemic levels. In fact, the National Restaurant Association reports that 65 percent of restaurant operators say they do not have enough staff to meet customer demand, indicating an immediate need to build a sustainable restaurant workforce.
The NRAEF offers a variety of programs to empower and advance restaurant workers and attract people from all backgrounds to the industry. Programs include:
- ProStart® – A high-school career and technical education program
- Restaurant Ready/HOPES – Partnering with community-based organizations to provide people with skills training and job opportunities
- Scholarships – Financial assistance for students pursuing restaurant, foodservice, and hospitality degrees
- Restaurant & Hospitality Leadership Center – Accredited apprenticeship programs designed to build the careers of service professionals
- Military – Helping military servicemen and women transition their skills to restaurant and foodservice careers
"Restaurants and restaurant workers are the heart and soul of our communities," said Rob Gifford, president of the NRAEF. "We are a unique industry where anyone from anywhere can build a future, pursue their dreams, and through their success create opportunities for others. With the help of our many supporters, we are changing lives, developing our industry's future leaders, and improving the communities where we work and live."
Learn more about the NRAEF at ChooseRestaurants.org, and go to Restaurants Advance to make a tax-deductible contribution.