Los Angeles-based food pre-ordering service Allset has raised $8.25 million in Series B funding round, led by EBRD with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz, Greycroft, SMRK VC Fund, as well as new investor Inovo Venture Partners. The new round brings the Allset's total investment to $16.6 million.
Allset is providing a dedicated support budget to help local restaurants weather this unprecedented crisis. The initiatives include a daily $4 discount to customers for all pickup orders placed via Allset and a waived service fee for all existing restaurant partners that provide the contactless pickup option at their stores. The new option enables customers to pick up their online orders in dedicated contactless pickup areas at stores, removing the need for direct contact for both parties.
Allset helps busy diners get a quick bite at restaurants and food spots in the busiest districts. It ensures food will be ready for the requested time, and diners can leave without waiting for a bill, resulting in a faster and more seamless dine-in or pickup service.
The new Allset app will include:
- Personalized restaurant and food recommendations based on customer's ordering history, dietary preferences, searches, and more, to make it easier for diners to find more relevant food options nearby.
- Improved Healthy Category.
- Extended Allset Specials, exclusive menu offerings made in partnership with restaurants and carrying a discount, to make everyday dining more affordable to diners.
- Hand-curated menus with simplified item descriptions and highly customizable meal options and add-ons to better complement the main choice.
- Focus on most common use cases, like getting a quick meal or a coffee nearby, to further streamline and simplify the app experience.
Founded in 2015, Allset is currently available at 2,500+ restaurants in 11 U.S. cities: New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, Boston, Seattle, Austin, San Jose, Las Vegas, and Miami. The popular restaurant partners include Buffalo Wild Wings, Subway, illy Caffè, Bareburger, Schnippers, Pokéworks, Freshii, The Bean, by Chloe., and others.