Expedia Launches First Action for the Google Assistant
Expedia.com announced the launch of the Expedia Action for the Google Assistant, giving customers the ability to manage their travel plans through hands-free, natural voice commands on any Google Assistant-enabled device. After linking their Expedia accounts to the Action, travelers can get personalized assistance with existing itineraries, they can check Expedia Rewards balances, get packing lists, and much more.
"We're excited to innovate with ways to make travel planning easier, no matter where you are or what device you're using. The market has seen rapid adoption of these new technologies within the past year and we want to make sure that Expedia customers are able to get the travel information they need, exactly when they need it. The Google Assistant is a step in that direction," says Expedia's Brent Harrison, VP of Product & Technology.
With the Expedia Action for the Google Assistant, travelers can now:
- Browse and book hotels
- Cancel flight and hotel reservations
- Add a rental car to an existing round-trip flight reservation
- Check available Expedia Rewards points
- Access Expedia trip itineraries
- Get packing lists for an upcoming trip
Want to give it a try?
The Expedia Action is free, easy to use, and is available in English on any device that supports the Google Assistant.
- Simply talk to Expedia on any compatible device and follow the instructions to link your Expedia account so you can get personalized help every time you come back. If you don't have an Expedia account yet, you can create one here.
- Once you're signed in, you can engage the Expedia Action through the Google Assistant app for phones and Google Smart Speakers.
- Start by saying "Ok Google, talk to Expedia."
- From there, you'll be able to choose from a couple of options like:
- "When does my flight leave?"
- "Book me a hotel in Antigua, Guatemala."
- "What should I pack for Austin?"
- "How many Expedia Rewards points do I have?"