DiscoverLink Launches Mobile App
DiscoverLink, Inc., a provider of e-learning solutions for the hospitality industry, announced the availability of the DiscoverLink Talent Mobile App. The new extension to DiscoverLink Talent, a learning management system (LMS) optimized for restaurants and hotels, provides clients’ team members with instant access to messages, training courses, how-to videos, recipes, and more. With browser-free access to content that must be referenced throughout their shift, team members can use mobile phones or tablets to view information where and when they need it.
Prior to launch, DiscoverLInk conducted a two-month beta program, with 12 DiscoverLink clients testing the Mobile App across more than 100 locations. In a post-beta program survey, the My Training and Resources features in the Mobile App earned 100% satisfactory ratings. Customers reported the Mobile App will be an important technology to have, as it allows learners to use mobile devices for training more easily. Learners can now bring along training aides to refer to and avoid the clutter of paper-based materials.
"We believe this mobile app will greatly help us continue to cut down on our environmental footprint as we move more online with our training materials,” said Jason Lechner, Director of Training and Operations Services for Pizza Ranch, who participated in the beta program. “The ease of access to materials for our team members will help with engagement and improve the capabilities of our team members and managers."
The DiscoverLink Talent Mobile App:
- Provides on-demand access to resources with no login required for just-in-time viewing of training content, operations manuals, recipes, how-to videos, and more
- Enables messages to be sent to all users across the whole system or to specific groups of users or individuals
- Allows learners to log in to complete training assigned to them, but prevents unauthorized offsite access using geofencing security options
- Improves completion rate of online learning for locations with limited bandwidth or unreliable internet connections using Tin Can protocols
- Delivers instant feedback on deployed resources with 5-star learner ratings and usage statistics by location
- Facilitates easy onsite setup via QR code scanning with no technical assistance required
The DiscoverLink Talent Mobile App is available for mobile devices with iOS 11+ or Android 5.0+ (lollipop). It became available for download on the Apple Store and Google Play on Thursday, June 13th. For more details about the Mobile App, see the Release Notes.