The Diamond Desmond Hotel and Conference Center in Albany, NY, has installed Flyte Systems’ FlyteBoard and FlyteChannel real-time airline flight information software solutions.
“Reliable, real-time airline flight information is a high-value amenity for our guests, many of whom travel to and from Albany International Airport,” says John D’Adamo, general manager of the 323-room Desmond Hotel and Conference Center. “Flyte Systems enables our guests to conveniently check flight times on their in-room televisions and on a prominent high-definition FlyteBoard display in our lobby. Many guests also print their boarding passes at the terminal in our business center.” The Flyte Systems installation is part of the hotel’s continual upgrade program. Flyte Systems provides real-time departure information.
Solution helps maximize occupancy
D’Adamo notes that his front office team also monitors the lobby FlyteBoard for airline cancellations that may affect property occupancy. “Airline schedules often show flight cancellations that alert us to opportunities to offer guests extended stays,” he says. “When inbound flights are cancelled, it also means we may have a larger number of no-shows. This information helps us maximize occupancy and manage more intelligently. When we see cancelled flights, we frequently call the affected airlines and offer rooms for distressed passengers.” The Desmond Hotel and Conference Center provides 24-hour airport shuttle service to nearby Albany International, which serves business people and legislators traveling to the capitol of New York.
“Our hotel previously had a different flight information system that was not adequate,” D’Adamo says. “I saw Flyte Systems at another property and liked it so much that I implemented it at The Desmond. About 70 percent of our guests are business travelers, and they expect real-time airport information because it adds certainty to their travel plans. It is important to them and all our guests are very pleased with the Flyte Systems solutions.”
Real-time flight information
Flyte Systems offers a suite of products that serve the traveling public: FlyteBoard, FlytePass, FlyteChannel, FlyteTouch, and now FlytePad with handheld mobile airline information.
- FlyteBoard is a wall, floor, or ceiling mounted high-definition, flat panel screen for lobbies, restaurants, bars, and other public areas, displaying flight information for one or more airports.
- FlytePass combines FlyteTouch with free, secure boarding pass printing. It can be provided as a stand alone or neatly packaged in either an all wood kiosk or an integrated metal kiosk to match your dÉcor.
- FlyteChannel permits guests to view live airport flight information conveniently and comfortably from their in-room television.
- FlyteTouch enables individual guests to search flight information using an interactive touch screen that displays real-time flight arrivals and departures for one or more airports.
- FlytePad is a mobile-ready service that delivers real-time airline information via the iPad, enabling hotel staff to provide guests with airline information anywhere and anytime.