Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro Hotel has implemented Flyte Systems’ FlyteBoard real-time airline information display to give guests greater confidence in travel arrangements.
“We are a downtown Chicago property, and guests are always monitoring our two lobby FlyteBoards that show both O’Hare and Midway International Airports,” says Mik Mahdavi, general manager of the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro Hotel. “Seventy percent of our guests fly in, and it is important for them to know their flight status. Chicago’s airports are national hubs and flights are frequently delayed for hours because of weather elsewhere. Our guests value the updated information and frequently extend their stays with us if their flights are delayed or cancelled.” Flyte’s display solution provides real-time departure information.
FlyteBoards Appeal to Group Meeting Planners
Mahdavi notes that providing guests with reliable airport flight information adds a new level of convenience. “From the first day we installed the FlyteBoards in our lobby, we had guests studying the screens for their flight times,” says Mahdavi. “Our salespeople always point out the FlyteBoards to group meeting planners to show our commitment to serving travelers. The FlyteBoards also take pressure off our concierges and front desk staff because guests no longer have to inquire if their flights are on time. This frees up our guest service staff to handle other requests.”
Real-time Flight Information, Not FAA-Regulated Departure Times
What sets Flyte Systems apart from PC-based applications is the ability to post accurate, real-time airline flight arrival and departure information, not FAA-regulated scheduled departure times that do not list delays caused by air traffic control, aircraft maintenance, crew availability and weather.
Flyte Systems offers a suite of products that serve the traveling public: FlyteBoard, FlytePass, FlyteChannel, FlyteTouch, and FlytePad.
- FlyteBoard is a wall-, floor-, or ceiling-mounted high-definition flat panel screen for lobbies, restaurants, bars, and other public areas, displaying flight information for one or more airports.
- FlytePass combines FlyteTouch with free secure boarding pass printing. It can be provided as a standalone or neatly packaged in either an all wood kiosk or an integrated metal kiosk to match your dÉcor.
- FlyteChannel permits guests to view live airport flight information conveniently and comfortably from their in-room televisions.
- FlyteTouch enables individual guests to search flight information using an interactive touch screen that displays real-time flight arrivals and departures for one or more airports.
- FlytePad is a mobile-ready service that delivers real-time airline information via the iPad, enabling hotel staff to provide guests with airline information anywhere and anytime.