In support of contain the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, Carnival Corporation & plc said that four additional North American cruise line brands will take a voluntary month-long pause, suspending new cruise voyages.
The brands include Carnival Cruise Line, Cunard North America, Holland America Line and Seabourn. Princess Cruises brand previously announced it is pausing operations for 60 days.
"Through serving our many guests who still wanted to travel, we've stood with all the people in the port communities here in the U.S., and in the other places we sail, who are dependent on us for their livelihood," said Arnold Donald, CEO of Carnival Corp. "And today we stand with the nation as we together seek to mitigate the spread."
Individually, each brand is communicating with guests to provide direction regarding the disruption to their cruise vacations.
Date of resumed cruise operations also will be communicated by each respective brand and available on their websites.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Carnival Cruise Line said it is pausing operations immediately across its fleet of ships based in North America and will resume them on Friday, April 10. All ships currently at sea will continue their voyages and return to their homeports as scheduled.