Brilliant Introduces Smart Control for Hotels, Spas, Resorts, B&Bs and Vacation Rentals
Brilliant has announced that it has created the Brilliant Control, a smart lighting solution that gives anyone in a hotel room or vacation rental the ability to access music, climate, and other common smart home devices with just a simple touch or voice command — no smartphone required. Replacing existing light switches, the Brilliant Control installs in minutes and features a touchscreen that is beautiful and intuitive to operate.
In addition to touch, motion, and voice control capabilities each Brilliant Control comes with a built-in camera, privacy cover, and microphone, making it easy to add video or voice intercom to a hotel property. When not in use, the Brilliant Control will allow hotels to display information/ads regarding hotel amenities and services such as spa packages, dining options, recreation options, etc. New seasonal nature scenes and theme packs are also available monthly for fresh, updated options.
Brilliant Controls also come with Amazon Alexa built in, making it easy to get weather forecasts, local tourist information, restaurant recommendations and sports scores, or quickly add items to your Amazon shopping list. Users can also create favorite “scenes” to instantly set the mood in each room for waking up, dinner, or relaxing.
Brilliant Controls work with dozens of smart home services and devices including Nest, Sonos, Philips Hue, Ring, SmartThings, Honeywell, security systems, and countless others.
How It Works
Upgraded smart lighting is as simple as replacing existing light switches with the Brilliant Control, and configuring the new panel takes no more than 5-10 minutes. Anyone in the rental can swipe up/down on the screen or use the touch sliders to adjust lights, similar to flipping on a light switch. The Brilliant Control is also enabled with voice and motion control for hands-free operation. Users with other “smart home” devices like Sonos, Nest, Alexa, Ring, and countless others, can now interact with those devices directly from the Brilliant Control. The Brilliant Control will also continue to update as it adds more functionality and partners.
Features and Technical Specs
- 5” LCD touch display with 720x1280 resolution
- Amazon Alexa Voice Services built-in
- Motion detection to save money by automatically turn on and off lights
- Works with SmartThings or Wink hubs
- Compatible with light switch panels with 1, 2, 3, and 4 switches
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled to connect to smart home devices
- Accepts voice, motion control, and touch commands
- Includes video camera with physical cover for added security
- IFTTT enabled
- Works with all LED lights (including dimming)
- Compatible with existing security systems
- A free companion Brilliant Control app (iOS and Android)