BLM Technologies Now Offers Epson OmniLink TM-T88VI Series POS Printers
Epson’s OmniLink TM-T88VI series POS printers are the latest addition to its family of OmniLink intelligent POS printers. With a rich feature set for mobile POS and cloud services, the OmniLink TM-T88VI series is ideally suited for BLM Technology clients which include banks, financial institutions, retailers, and other merchants within the hospitality industry where advanced connectivity and check out speed is critical.
For more than 40 years, BLM Technologies has been evaluating solutions to most effectively meet the technology and budgetary needs of its clients.
Part of Epson’s OmniLink Merchant Services (OMS) - a suite of cloud-based solutions for the retail and hospitality markets - the OmniLink TM-T88VI series offers BLM Technologies’ clients greater flexibility and connectivity options through the following key features:
- Custom Web applications — built-in Web server offers maximum flexibility and customization
- Management of peripherals — Epson’s ePOS™ Device Technology enables the use of the printer as a peripheral hub for mobile and cloud/browser-based POS systems
- Connect to multiple devices simultaneously — printer can be dynamically shared by legacy POS terminals, tablets and mobile devices, as well as cloud servers
- Triple-interface connectivity to future-proof growing businesses — maximum flexibility with three options, including built-in USB and Ethernet
- Print from web-based applications — incorporates Epson’s ePOS Print Technology
- Designed for the cloud — leverages best-of-breed POS apps and performs remote firmware upgrades using OMS; provides the ability to utilize Server Direct Printing for online ordering
- Distributed proximity-based printing — through Epson’s beacon support using BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Easy printing from mobile devices — NFC —Near Field Communication technology for easy pairing with mobile devices in distributed printing environments
- Ultra fast transaction times — print speeds up to 350 mm/sec, plus a high-speed auto cutter
- Advanced paper-saving functions — top-margin and character-height reduction features help reduce paper usage by up to 49 percent
1 Requires the use of a beacon dongle connected to TM-T88VI printer via the USB-A port. Supports only Apple® iBeacon™ compliant format. The Epson-approved dongle is Laird model BT820.
2 NFC tag requires use of a device that includes NFC reader, and may require additional software.
3 Speed based on using 80 mm wide media only and Epson’s PS-180 power supply. Configurations not including the PS-180 will have a default print speed of 300 mm/sec.
4 Paper savings depend on the text and graphics printed on the receipt.