TripActions, a cloud-based corporate travel and spend management platform, announced the launch of TripActions Team Travel, an innovative self-serve solution for group travel that keeps safety top-of-mind while providing finance leaders with the spend visibility they need.
As companies embrace new hybrid work models, bringing distributed team members together has become critical to increase collaboration and strengthen company culture. A recent TripActions survey showed 76% of respondents agree that employees in their company are missing in-person interaction with their teams and 49% are expecting their remote/global teams to travel more in the future to foster in-person collaboration. TripActions Team Travel helps companies bring teams together to strengthen company culture while keeping the benefits of distributed teams.
"Team Travel is a game-changer; it will revolutionize the way we manage our small meetings and events,” said Sammit Khandeparker, Global Travel Manager at Springer Nature. “The ability to seamlessly create an event online and then monitor and plan the event through a comprehensive dashboard from start to finish will drive so many efficiencies in our business."
Event organizers today need to keep travelers safe and guide them through health procedures and ever-changing country restrictions, while also ensuring compliance with company policy and considering the environmental impact of their travel. TripActions Team Travel offers customers an intuitive booking platform that takes into account these considerations so that users can make the best decisions for their team.
“Our goal for TripActions Team Travel is to give event organizers a thoughtful self-serve solution that will help foster success in this new environment, with a tool that allows users to create and manage team events with just a few clicks,” said Nina Herold, TripActions Chief Product Officer. “At the same time, we wanted to be able to provide travel managers and finance teams with the financial, sustainability, and safety visibility they need. With TripActions, organizations are able to make more informed business decisions while strengthening internal collaboration.”
Key Team Travel features include:
- Event creation: Create and customize team travel for events with just a few clicks. Select a destination, event start and end dates, participants, preferred hotels, payment methods and more. Rich content integrations provide real-time data, ensuring event organizers have the insight they need to make the most informed decisions based on Covid-19 destination data, carbon emissions, country restrictions and health guidelines.
- Estimated event travel budgets: Using machine learning and AI, the Team Travel product can help estimate the overall event travel cost with a high level of accuracy to offer event organizers and financial teams further financial visibility. Cost centers, departments, and custom fields are also supported to ensure organizations have the most granular real-time data related to their events’ travel spend.
- Smart hand-off for room blocks: Event organizers can request support from a team of Meetings & Events specialists to secure a hotel room block and a meeting space directly in the event creation process.
- Seamless guided self-serve experience: Event organizers can now configure events and invite participants directly from the event creation page, notifying and guiding travelers through the entire travel booking process. Travelers know what to book and when, according to their company policy and event preferences. Country restrictions, visa requirements and health procedures can also be found in the booking process ensuring a smooth travel experience.
- Guest invite: Empower your participants to invite an extra guest and book on their behalf. Guests are notified with all their itinerary information.
With its industry-leading consumer-grade tech, TripActions is uniquely positioned to provide organizations with an innovative offering, designed to help bring teams together and thrive in newly structured work environments.
“It’s great that TripActions is being so proactive,” said Emmett Bamba, Corporate Travel Manager at Twitch. “The company understands that a lot of companies are going to have these offsite meetings with more people working remotely. I’m glad that TripActions thought of this before everyone goes back to work.”
Since March 2020, TripActions has launched more than 45 new global product enhancements and capabilities, including an industry-leading COVID-19 dashboard, reimagined spend analysis dashboard, enhanced traveler safety reporting, automated unused ticket technology and granular carbon emission reporting. TripActions Team Travel brings together these features in a centralized hub that provides event organizers with all the information they need based on company needs and policies.
“TripActions’ Team Travel will simplify the organization of internal meetings, give us more autonomy, and help us budget the cost of traveling for meetings more efficiently,” said Jean-Baptiste Pivard, Head of Indirect Procurement at Nilfisk.