Sizzling Platter, a Utah-based restaurant management company, has gone live with CMX ActivityStudio. Sizzling Platter operates more than 500 Sizzler, Red Robin, Little Caesars, Dunkin Donuts, and Wingstop restaurants in 15 U.S. states and Mexico.
As the franchisor reopens its restaurant locations, it is leveraging ActivityStudio to perform employee pre-shift wellness checks and to ensure health and sanitation routines are being executed. The programs are based on Centers for Disease Control guidelines for reopening and maintaining healthy business operations, while reducing the risk of COVID-19 spread for both employees and customers.
“At this very critical time in the restaurant industry, ensuring health and safety across our 500 locations is our top priority,” said Isaac Morton, Vice President, Information Technology, Sizzling Platter. “ActivityStudio gives us real-time visibility into the data we need daily to know our COVID-19 operational guidelines are being followed. This allows us to move forward with the confidence that we are following the latest CDC guidelines and are in full compliance with state and local laws.”
ActivityStudio gives organizations of all sizes the capability to digitally transform their operating procedures and protocols to create a systematic approach to achieving operational excellence, safety, and compliance. Featuring a drag-and-drop visual form builder and program design tools, it allows businesses across a wide range of industries to easily create and manage company policies, audits, self-assessments, inspections, and checklists.
Bye, Bye Pen and Paper Tracking
Within weeks of selecting and launching ActivityStudio, the Sizzling Platter team began using it to roll out and support new programs, both at the restaurant level and above, including:
- Employee Pre-Shift Wellness Checks - Prior to starting their shift, every employee undergoes a health check for temperature and to screen for COVID-19 symptoms or exposure.
- Health and Sanitation Shift Log – After each shift, managers conduct an audit to review and document that all required safety, health, and sanitation procedures have been completed. This includes performing employee wellness checks, the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hygiene such as handwashing, and social distancing practices, along with cleaning and sanitizing high-touch areas, restrooms, equipment, dining rooms, and back of house (BOH) areas.
- Store Visit Assessment – Used by district managers to help locations prepare for health department inspections and brand standards audits.
- Due Diligence Restaurant Evaluation – An in-depth site inspection used by the operations team when evaluating restaurants for acquisition.
- Operational Efficiencies Scorecard – An assessment and evaluation of in-store operations and compliance with brand standards, for use when a new location is acquired.
Prior to launching ActivityStudio, Sizzling Platter programs were largely manual, and pen and paper based, which prevented the business from easily analyzing operational information and making real-time data-driven decisions.
“...The program was launched within two weeks and we are already seeing great value,” said Morton. “ActivityStudio gives us a user-friendly, yet powerful platform to digitally transform our operations, quality, and safety efforts. We are also planning to digitize our HACCP-based line checks and monthly PCI compliance assessments with ActivityStudio.”
Editor's Note 6/12/20: the headine was corrected. The name of the Utah group is Sizzling Platter.