As hotel operators continue to search for ways to enhance the guest experiences they are providing, guest engagement messaging platform, Zingle, announced results from the Zingle 2019 Guest Service Report. The new report looks at how guest expectations and effective service recovery impact the guest experience and drive business.
With entire guest experiences being defined in micro-moments, the need to understand guests’ views and expectations on the elements that underpin the guest experience, as well as how their decisions are shaped by the experiences of others, is more crucial than ever. To help hoteliers better understand guest expectations and behaviors, Zingle commissioned a research study to more than 1,100 respondents, weighted for the US consumer population by age and region.
Highlights from the report include:
- Only 25% of guests report any issue that impacts their guest experience
- Nearly 50% of guests don’t report problems because there’s no easy way or they don’t like confrontation
- More than 86% of travelers are willing to pay more for better service
- More than 50% of consumers say online reviews “greatly” impact purchase decisions
- 42% of our respondents would return to a hotel if they were able to turn a poor experience into a positive one by solving the problem immediately
To download the full report and findings, click here.