Nearly four in five IT managers use capacity management in their Big Data implementations, according to a global survey from Kelton Research commissioned by TeamQuest. Global survey responses reveal that organizations have several challenges managing Big Data.
Biggest challenges associated with managing Big Data:
- Processing data fast enough to meet end-user needs
- Integrating data from diverse sources
- Managing the quantity of storage used
- Satisfying demand from users
- Maintaining availability and keeping their systems running reliably
Organizations using mature capacity management practices had fewer challenges associated with managing Big Data. According to the survey, only 112 respondents who scored at a maturity level of proactive or higher experienced challenges as compared to more than 220 who scored at the chaotic/reactive maturity level.
Discover more information on the survey.