Presto has launched Presto Voice to automate speech recognition for restaurants. In the face of the ongoing labor shortage, restaurants can use Presto Voice to effectively scale operations. The product can be deployed in a variety of restaurant settings including drive-thrus, line busters, kiosks, pay-at-table systems, and server handhelds to streamline the guest experience while increasing the guest-to-staff ratio. The Presto Voice solution has an accuracy of over 95% and includes a human backup option for rare edge cases.
Key features of Presto Voice include:
- Voice-based Ordering, by Guest or Staff: Enable faster order taking, increasing speed of service and improving labor productivity by as much as 3X
- Higher Order Accuracy: Improve order accuracy to increase revenue and maximize guest happiness
- Conversational AI: Take automated orders using AI that recognizes and adapts to different accents, environmental conditions, and noise levels
- Consistent Upselling: Increase check sizes with consistent upselling that can be customized to individual characteristics
- Real-Time Menu Optimization: Promote items with short preparation times (or higher margins) when things are busy
- POS Integration: Minimize staff trips as orders are automatically transmitted to the point of sale system
By deploying Presto Voice, both quick-service and dine-in restaurants can free up staff for other, more people-dependent areas of their business. The product performs well with unique or infrequently ordered menu items and can easily manage various guest accents.