The HT Visionary Awards accept nominations in two categories: Customer-Facing/In-Room Technology Innovator and Infrastructure/Back-Office Technology Innovator.
The Customer-Facing/In-Room Technology Innovator award is presented to a hotel company that has leveraged customer-facing and/or guestroom technology innovations to differentiate and/or improve customer service. Results should reveal an increase in guest service, satisfaction or loyalty, and/or brand reputation. Technologies can include, but are not limited to, televisions, kiosks, display boards, mobile phone apps, in-room Internet access, etc.
The Infrastructure & Back-Office Technology Innovator award is given to a hotel company that has leveraged technology beyond standard practices to improve overall hotel operations. Results should reveal an increase in efficiency and/or cost savings. Technologies can include: PMS, revenue management, bookings, CRM, infrastructure/networking, and additional applications/hardware solutions that empower back-of-house operations.
HT’s editor-in-chief, Abigail Lorden, encourages hotel companies from across the industry to submit a nomination. “Innovation is taking place on all fronts in the lodging industry, from independent properties, to management groups, to corporate brands. We look forward to recognizing their efforts.”
To nominate a company, please fill out the nomination form no later January 24, 2014. Winners shall be notified on or about February 7, 2014 and awards will be presented at the Hotel Technology Forum (HTF) on Thursday, April 17, 2014. Technology vendors are encouraged to nominate hotel companies, but are not themselves eligible to receive an award.
The 2014 HTF, held April 16-18 at the Aria Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nev., is produced by Hospitality Technology, and brings together senior-level hotel executives from high-growth hotel companies to share strategic insights and tactical analyses on the issues that are critical to hospitality businesses today.
Past Visionary Award Winners Include:
- Hyatt Hotels (2013)
- Red Lion Inns (2013)
- Choice Hotels (2013)
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts (2013)
- Hilton Worldwide (2012)
- LaQuinta Inns & Suites (2012)
- Gaylord Entertainment (2012)
- Flamigo Las Vegas (2012)
- Choice Hotels International (2011)
- Morgans Hotel Group (2011)
- Galt House Hotel (2011)
- Royal Caribbean (2011)
- CityCenter (2010)
- Courtyard by Marriott (2010)
- JHM Hotels Group (2010)
- InterContinental Hotels Group (2009)
- Harrah’s Entertainment (2009)
- Hyatt Place (2009)
- Thayer Lodging Group (2009)
- MTM Luxury Lodging (2008)
- The Peninsula Hotels (2008)
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (2008)
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (2007)
- Ginn Resorts (2007)
- Hilton Hotels Corporation (2007)
- Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (2006)
- Harrah’s Entertainment (2006)
- MGM Mirage (2006)
- Wyndham International (2005)
- Sea Island Company (2005)
- Marriott International (2005)
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (2005)
- Hyatt International (2005)