Lutron Electronics, a provider of smart lighting and shading, introduced the Lutron hospitality solution, featuring myRoom XC, an enhanced guestroom system. The cloud-connected hospitality solution allows integrated management of all areas of the property – guestrooms, public areas, event spaces, and private residences – via a single dashboard.
The launch of the myRoom XC system elevates lighting as a business amenity and demonstrates Lutron’s ongoing commitment to innovation and support in the hospitality industry. In 2015, Lutron introduced its myRoom guestroom system for personalized control of lights, shades, and temperature. As a key part of the new Lutron hospitality solution, the enhanced myRoom XC system ushers in a comprehensive approach to guestroom control with one connected platform. This platform helps to simplify operations, improve staff efficiency, eliminate downtime, and create a curated guest experience that elevates your brand.
Cloud connectivity streamlines the operations process
When implemented with Lutron’s cloud-connected systems for public spaces and private residences, the myRoom XC system for guestrooms ensures a single, cloud-connected platform for the whole hotel. The centralized dashboard provides secure sign-on from smart devices. This allows the operations and facilities staff to make changes from anywhere via the software, freeing up the hotel staff to focus on guests.
The new Lutron hospitality solution offers a wide range of operational advantages —
- Cloud-connected and future proof – System updates are pushed automatically to ensure the Lutron hospitality solution offers enhanced value over time. Download the latest software with no on-site server required.
- System alerts – Minimize downtime and offer 24/7 peace of mind. Key personnel are immediately alerted to system issues so they can log in remotely and quickly resolve the problem.
- Flexible Support: Remote or Onsite – Lutron service and support is engineered for your property lifecycle. Cloud-connected systems facilitate remote support whenever and wherever you need us.
- Energy use and occupancy reporting – Reach energy and sustainability goals without impacting the guest experience. Energy-use and occupancy reports from the connected dashboard give your team the data they need to make short- and long-term system adjustments at any time.
- Simple to upgrade – For properties with an installed myRoom system, myRoom XC upgrades are as simple as replacing the processor, upgrading software, and reprogramming. Installed control hardware stays the same.
…And design benefits
- Tremendous system flexibility – Design with the control system and fixtures of your choice for properties that reflect your unique brand statement, aesthetics, and personality.
- Templating feature – Lighting designers save time on site, and projects are completed easier with the new templating feature. Program a room once, and the software can replicate settings to all similar room types. The feature also allows facility teams to easily adjust all rooms of the same type at once.
- Intuitive app – Tailored to the needs of specifiers, designers, and hotel staff, the Lutron app is key to lighting flexibility and personalization in the hotel’s public spaces. Log in to make operational adjustments, or to personalize light settings for a special event or customer request without affecting system presets.
“The Lutron system is excellent, very versatile, and reliable. Our guests like it since it is easy to understand. They don’t need instructions because it’s simple and intuitive,” said Freddy Helfon, General Director of Grupo Inmobiliario ALhel (owner, The Ritz Carlton, Mexico City).
A globally consistent, brand-elevating experience
The Lutron hospitality solution delivers cloud-connected monitoring and control, connecting the entire property throughout your global portfolio.
- Ensure a consistent brand image – control lights and shades throughout the property with Lutron solutions tailored to the needs of each space while maintaining a consistent guest experience.
- Create and promote customized event experiences with lighting and scenes adapted to your client’s taste, agenda, and personal request.
- Bring your guestroom vision to life with the myRoom XC system – choose keypad styles that can be used worldwide and personalized through engraving in local languages or universal symbols.
- Lutron’s global service and 24/7 technical support work tirelessly to ensure your design vision comes to life and to troubleshoot issues after installation.
"The new Lutron hospitality solution leverages cutting-edge technology to connect the entire building under unparalleled cloud-based lighting management. Centralized on one comprehensive dashboard, it empowers hotel proprietors and management teams with real-time, round-the-clock access to Lutron control systems, ensuring adaptability, personalization, and sustainability for the property's evolving needs," said Ana Maria Huertas-Iragorri, Lutron Global Hospitality Sales Director.